· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice job on the video. As I was watching, I was thinking a bunch of cories would add something to the bottom. Then I heard your comment that some bottom feeders will be added at some point. Nice combo of other fish, though.

Can't help with some of those plants, except that the one you pointed out with the most algae seemed like it could be hygrophilia pinnatifida, although I could be wrong. I was never able to get this plant to grow and I tried some from two different vendors. Stems kept rotting. Others say it is not a difficult plant, so you may have better luck. I hope to try it again someday, but I will tie it to some wood instead of planting in the substrate. Here's a pic from a vendor site - https://www.aquasabi.com/aquatic-pla...la-pinnatifida
    Last edited by SueD; 10-17-2017 at 12:06 AM.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice update, great selection and we get to see what you look like, always nice to put a face to a name, Win, Win, Win
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Nice video! You said it "Their money, my tank" what a win! Sweet deal to have it be your office.

I've really enjoyed following your build on this tank, by the way. Thanks for sharing your journey with it from the start!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    CL, I really enjoyed your vid. It was great to hear your voice and see your face...for some reason I thought you were a guy I am very pleased to see that the tank is coming along very nicely. Love the Congos and Roselines! The Congos are doing well for me also but my roselines have dwindled down in numbers.
    Anyway, you have a great set up and I will be following along.....if you pop in more than once in a while (hint, hint).
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Seconding that request ^
    Please do pop in with your thoughts on things. I'd love to hear more of them!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    That was a wonderful video. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    I haven't got through your whole vid yet, but I wanted to mention this while I remember....that dark green fine-leaved plant you couldn't ID is African water fern or Bolbitis. Take the rhizome out of the substrate! It's a slow grower like anubias and java fern, you cannot bury the rhizome or the plant will rot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - steeler1   Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   We can only try...lol - Slaphppy7   For helping me remember, and for all you do! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I haven't got through your whole vid yet, but I wanted to mention this while I remember....that dark green fine-leaved plant you couldn't ID is African water fern or Bolbitis. Take the rhizome out of the substrate! It's a slow grower like anubias and java fern, you cannot bury the rhizome or the plant will rot.
    Oh! That's hugely helpful, thanks!
    ~Manna
    120 gallon FW bowfront in progress

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyLeaf View Post
    Oh! That's hugely helpful, thanks!
    Oh no problem! I have a tank FULL of bolbitis, bursting out of the water and along sides of the tank. It's a slow growing plant, so it attracts filamentous algae like BBA, but I think once you leave the rhizome exposed to the water column, it will do much better and algae might stay away from it. I'm not sure how expensive Bolbitis is now, but when I first got mine, it was rarely available, maybe because it's so slow growing like anubias, but I hope you don't pitch the plant, it's one of my favorites. The Finnex Ray IIs puts out a lot of light; high PAR. You and I are not the only ppl to have issues with algae using these lights. What is your photoperiod set for?

Your tank is amazing! It's a 120g bowfront? I've never seen a tank like yours. The precautions you took with it are incredible, does it water change itself haha?

I love all your fish. I used to keep congo and columbian tetras in a 90g, I love those two schools together. My columbians turned their school into 11 from 8, they are easy to breed and some babies even made it my community tank. I found they were a beautiful grey/blue with that iridescent blue strip, and lovely red fins. I hope your mom will grow to love them as they mature. They get fairly large, about 3" when full grown.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516