· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Color Bonanza

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

Default Color Bonanza

6 Not allowed!
    Here are some more pics of recent garden glories:

color bonanza in my garden.jpgcolor bonanza.jpg
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Awwww wow! Beautiful! That would be gorgeous to look out to :) You certainly have a green thumb!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    That is a sight for sore eyes longing for warmer weather. Again, it's a beautiful garden and I look forward to seeing pictures of it from the coming summer. Have you planned any new additions for the year?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

3 Not allowed!
    I have some new plants on order. I've told them not to ship until after Mother's Day, as that is usually when the final frost is over. Not always. Sometimes we have to wait until Memorial Day. The local garden centers will be in full swing by then, but I'm going to the larger nearby cities, because their plants are bigger, more developed and sturdier.

There'll be some bright, royal blue Veronica, some perennial red salvia, some more yarrows, snapdragons, coreopsis, among others.

I'll also be adding some interesting and aesthetically pleasing garden art and statuary this year. I have a garden globe that is quite beautiful. And of course, I'll be putting the birdbath agitators in my birdbath and shallow pool, and a free-standing solar fountain in my deeper pool (the one in which the tadpoles always hatch).

Yes, I am looking forward to it enthusiastically. Every year there' something different and quite wonderful.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful garden. Thanks for sharing the glory of it
    You have exciting plans for this year's season, to be sure!

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    and a free-standing solar fountain in my deeper pool (the one in which the tadpoles always hatch).
    How deep is it? Around how many gallons does it hold?
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Beautiful garden. Thanks for sharing the glory of it
    You have exciting plans for this year's season, to be sure!

How deep is it? Around how many gallons does it hold?
    It's about the size of a 40-gallon aquarium.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

3 Not allowed!
    In the past when I tried to take pics of my yard I found that they never look as great as the real thing in person. Since your pics are so colorful already I can't imagine how wonderful it must all look in person. Beautiful!!!
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

welcome back - mac   So sorry for your loss :( - steeler58   Good post on FBK's thread - steeler58   No Message - SueD   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Lovely, just lovely.

As I was looking at the picture, something felt off to me, though. It took me a minute to realize what it was...you have lilies and snapdragons growing and blooming at the same time! By the time lilies bloom here, the snapdragons are done for due to the heat. Snapdragons are a cool season plant here. We plant them in the fall and early spring; in mild years I've seen snapdragons blooming all winter.

The lilies and snaps sure are pretty together, though.
    100 gallon planted freshwater:
    7 x Boeseman's Rainbowfish, 11 x Cherry Barbs, 4 x False Julii Corydoras, 2 x Bristlenose pleco, and 1 common pleco who foils all my efforts to capture him

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Lol, sanpdragons bloom all spring-summer and into fall here, funny to read your comment Laura
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura_in_FL View Post
    Lovely, just lovely.

As I was looking at the picture, something felt off to me, though. It took me a minute to realize what it was...you have lilies and snapdragons growing and blooming at the same time! By the time lilies bloom here, the snapdragons are done for due to the heat. Snapdragons are a cool season plant here. We plant them in the fall and early spring; in mild years I've seen snapdragons blooming all winter.

The lilies and snaps sure are pretty together, though.
    Our growing season is too short to sow Snapdragons from seed. So, I purchase them well developed and already budding and/or blooming, and transplant them carefully, as Snaps are fussy about having their roots disturbed. Then I water them well and frequently in well-drained soil. I deadhead spent blooms regularly. That way, they are blooming at the same time the lilies and other early-to-mid-season flowers are in full display. Regular deadheading of entire stems as their blossoms fade keep the Snaps putting on new flowers and makes them fuller and bushier. Even on hot summer days, regular watering in the coolness of the early morning and/or the cool of the evening keeps them from suffering during the heat of the day.

Those that sprout on their own from parent plants having dropped seeds do take much longer to mature and bloom -- and I get Snaps in Fall from them.

It's a win-win situation.