· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Easter - Silbar   Congratulations on finally getting that "dream tetra" youve been looking for! :) - discusluv   I hope you get well soon! - Silbar   Happy Father's Day! - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback - Silbar   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I thought you had a smaller QT tank?
    Maybe you could convert that to a regular tank, how are your gold tetra's doing by the way?
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Merry Christmas - SueD   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Good luck with your goldfish tank - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    they are very nice tetras but it seems they like soft and acidic waters. Maybe that's why they didn't do well for you? Would love to see them in person, very unique looking in a non flashy way. Love the dorsal and anal fins and the spotting on the base of the caudal.

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/stats...n_elachys.html
    Last edited by Boundava; 09-27-2017 at 02:08 AM.
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; 1st with Bloody Mary and Rose shrimp and 2nd with Blue Dream shrimp
    Two-55 gallon tubs, 1st w/ 1BN pleco male, 3 clown pleco, gouramis, kuhli and female betta; 2nd w/female BN pleco, albino, panda and pgymy corys, and male betta.
    One tub with 90% plants and one Diva-pea puffer.

75g-now the TUB tanks:
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks
    75g-Goldfish Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   

0 Not allowed!
    My gold tetras are doing well! Tx for asking :) I did lose one with the latest overfeeding episode, and another developed this yellow cyst thing at the same time, but the cyst ruptured on its own, did not get infected, and now the scar isn't even noticeable. All nine fish are a bit skiddish for what I'm used to, but they are doing fine. They just really stick together and don't like WCs at all, I mean, they hide whereas my other fish will investigate the siphon.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    they are very nice tetras but it seems they like soft and acidic waters. Maybe that's why they didn't do well for you? Would love to see them in person, very unique looking in a non flashy way. Love the dorsal and anal fins and the spotting on the base of the caudal.

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/stats...n_elachys.html
    Yeah, I read 7.2 is at the top of their suggested pH range, my tanks are around 90-120 TDS, kh 2, gh 3, I was wondering if I could get away with it, but I've turned my attention elsewhere to a larger tetra.

I was thinking maybe that's why they didn't do well for Lee as well, but.....weird fungal things.....
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Easter - Silbar   Congratulations on finally getting that "dream tetra" youve been looking for! :) - discusluv   I hope you get well soon! - Silbar   Happy Father's Day! - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback - Silbar   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Well I'm finally going to go with these guys again, just ordered 12 ;-)
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    The Reed's are going in the 40g even if they are similarly colored to the Pristilla in there.

-Vince Lombardi

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ended up getting 15 of them ;-)

This video from you tube shows them up close. The ventral fins on the males are really attractive and different.

Last edited by steeler58; 09-05-2018 at 11:56 PM.
    -Vince Lombardi

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Active little guys for sure ;-)
    -Vince Lombardi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123