· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just pretend it's a cardinal, lol - Slaphppy7   Here's to 5 years, bud. - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the rep! - WhistlingBadger   Here is some coffee so you have lots of energy to get ready to order fish from Wetspot! - discusluv   16K posts! - Slaphppy7   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I thought you had a smaller QT tank?
    Maybe you could convert that to a regular tank, how are your gold tetra's doing by the way?
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thank you for the moss - Hockey nut   For being a good sport ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   You deserve a medal for all of your hard work! - Silbar   Hang in there, you will get it all done! - RiversGirl   

1 Not allowed!
    they are very nice tetras but it seems they like soft and acidic waters. Maybe that's why they didn't do well for you? Would love to see them in person, very unique looking in a non flashy way. Love the dorsal and anal fins and the spotting on the base of the caudal.

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/stats...n_elachys.html
    Last edited by Boundava; 09-27-2017 at 02:08 AM.
    75g- Plecos, Rainbowfish, Edlers, Espei, Gouramis, Cory, Loaches, Amano, and misc.
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; one with 4 chili rasbora & Bloody Mary and second with Blue Dream shrimp
    5.5g- Rescue female betta Lucky Star
    20L- Rescue betta Tony Stark and pygmy corys
    20L- Pygmy cory, 2 vampire/rock shrimp, ember tetras and female guppies

75g:
    Nat's 20L Tanks
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   New fish ;-) - steeler58   Just because :) - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    My gold tetras are doing well! Tx for asking :) I did lose one with the latest overfeeding episode, and another developed this yellow cyst thing at the same time, but the cyst ruptured on its own, did not get infected, and now the scar isn't even noticeable. All nine fish are a bit skiddish for what I'm used to, but they are doing fine. They just really stick together and don't like WCs at all, I mean, they hide whereas my other fish will investigate the siphon.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   New fish ;-) - steeler58   Just because :) - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    they are very nice tetras but it seems they like soft and acidic waters. Maybe that's why they didn't do well for you? Would love to see them in person, very unique looking in a non flashy way. Love the dorsal and anal fins and the spotting on the base of the caudal.

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/stats...n_elachys.html
    Yeah, I read 7.2 is at the top of their suggested pH range, my tanks are around 90-120 TDS, kh 2, gh 3, I was wondering if I could get away with it, but I've turned my attention elsewhere to a larger tetra.

I was thinking maybe that's why they didn't do well for Lee as well, but.....weird fungal things.....
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123