· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just pretend it's a cardinal, lol - Slaphppy7   Here's to 5 years, bud. - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the rep! - WhistlingBadger   Here is some coffee so you have lots of energy to get ready to order fish from Wetspot! - discusluv   16K posts! - Slaphppy7   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    The more I see this fish, the more I believe i want to try them again. Not the brightest coloration but the finage is awesome ;-)

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep friend :) - Compass   Merry Christmas! - rebecca_finny   Thanks for the rep! - AmazonJoe   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow they are an active fish. I think they might stress some of the more skittish or temperamental fish with their activity. They are a neat little fish, but something to think about I guess.

Steeler, did you ever figure out why they didn't do well in your tank?
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just pretend it's a cardinal, lol - Slaphppy7   Here's to 5 years, bud. - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the rep! - WhistlingBadger   Here is some coffee so you have lots of energy to get ready to order fish from Wetspot! - discusluv   16K posts! - Slaphppy7   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    It could have been the start of that fungal thing I had going on in their tank awhile back :(
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep friend :) - Compass   Merry Christmas! - rebecca_finny   Thanks for the rep! - AmazonJoe   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   

0 Not allowed!
    Ugh... Fungal things. I was reading up on them a bit. I couldn't keep them unless I invested in RO water. At just over an inch as adults they would make an interesting addition to a nano fish set up.
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Can never have too many corys! - Slaphppy7   Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful fish!!!! Seen them in the LFS.
    Doesn't this one often is caught together with Corydoras hastatus?
    No Cory, No Glory !!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   New fish ;-) - steeler58   Just because :) - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    I just saw these tetras are available to me through shipping! I really only noticed them because of this thread :) So they are a fairly rare tetra right? Do you think a school of 20 would be ok in a 120g with full grown p.scalare angelfish? I'll have at least two other 10-15 tetra schools including possibly large diamond tetras. Just wondering what you think of these veilfins as a possible addition?
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 09-27-2017 at 12:38 AM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Beautiful fish!!!! Seen them in the LFS.
    Doesn't this one often is caught together with Corydoras hastatus?
    Indeed, them and a couple of other similar marked tetra; this from seriously fish; "This behaviour allows it to form large, mixed-species aggregations with similarly-patterned small characids such as Serrapinnus kriegi, Aphyocharax nattereri, and Hyphessobrycon elachys. The phenomenon of multiple, similarly-coloured species which coexist and school together is relatively common in the genus, although it is typically displayed by sympatric Corydoras species with only a few examples in which such patterns have evolved in other taxa. The reason is thought to be protection from predators in that they feature cryptic or otherwise disruptive details such as stripes, spots, reticulations, or strongly-coloured fin spines. Similarly-patterned species may therefore have evolved to take advantage of foraging in a larger group while simultaneously adapting to exploit contrasting ecological niches."
    -Vince Lombardi

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I just saw these tetras are available to me through shipping! I really only noticed them because of this thread :) So they are a fairly rare tetra right? Do you think a school of 20 would be ok in a 120g with full grown p.scalare angelfish? I'll have at least two other 10-15 tetra schools including possibly large diamond tetras. Just wondering what you think of these veilfins as a possible addition?
    I'm afraid they might be to small, they only get to 1.2'
    -Vince Lombardi

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   New fish ;-) - steeler58   Just because :) - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Awwww :( Well, good thing I asked!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast