· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on all your fry!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfguy View Post
    Thanks. Sooner or later I will need to find an easy way to remove some of them.
    Lol the kribensis? Good luck! They are very difficult to catch. Probably the most difficult fish I ever had to catch was baby kribs. I think I had to remove the parents. Do you have a plan yet?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need another ram. - Slaphppy7   Congrats for Maggie! - Rue   Indeed, it is now time for a beer - RiversGirl   congrats on your baby corys - Silbar   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Nope. These are a little smaller than kribs, and my tank is nothing but hiding places. I seriously considered trying to siphon them out at feeding time. I have barb fry all over the place, too. They kinda just pop in and out so no idea on the numbers.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Omg, idk how to catch them then. Might have to corral them in another holding tank and grab them little by little as you see them. Cool fish, I've never seen them before. Name?

If they are small enough to siphon up, I've siphoned up fry many times accidentally, it doesn't hurt them. I also catch small fish with a turkey baster, but I think that would be stupid difficult with juvenile fish and a tank with all the hiding spots. I hope you get something figured out.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need another ram. - Slaphppy7   Congrats for Maggie! - Rue   Indeed, it is now time for a beer - RiversGirl   congrats on your baby corys - Silbar   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    There's a full tank pic. There are some rock caves and driftwood obscured by the plants. Getting anything out is likely to be a major undertaking.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Oh, and the kribensis looking fish are enigmatochromis lucansi, common name blue fin rollofi.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Omg I feel for you. I hate to say it, but I had to dismantle my 33g kribensis growout to net them all and I consider myself pretty good at netting fish. The babies laid flat almost in the gravel. I've never seen fish that evade nets like these guys! That's why I suggested netting them little be little until you have them all in a growout tank. Don't know what else to suggest!

Idk..... maybe a trap?

Very nice tank btw! And thanks for the name :)
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 06-06-2019 at 06:48 PM.
    -Kat

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011