· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    So the way I have balanced the water level is the "standard" levels that were on the original test sticks I was using before I got the master kit. I figured once I knew exactly what fish I was getting I could rebalance if needed before actually getting the fish. I'm trying to do this slowly and as safe as possible so its a successful tank and I don't have to recycle when it has fish, as I am currently doing with that 55 gal at work.

I love the look of the cory pandas and really any cory (so cute) but I was very concerned about the fact that it is a smaller bottom for surface area. I definitely don't want to crowd them out down there.

For the mid level guys its probably easier since though it isn't wide it is tall. I'm really open to any of these suggestions, so I guess I just need to decide on which ones... Picking fish is hard. Especially for a funky shaped tank....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here is a rummynose for your tank - Silbar   For your good taste in music ;-) - steeler58   Trivia Contest - Slaphppy7   Trivia Contest - Slaphppy7   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Dang me.....why I do this. Found up to 90 degrees. Originally found in lake Okeechobee and st john water basin. Some of the lower temp websites show these fish at just dont exsist in florida. Im sorry I gotta be a pain. Ive had over 100 of these an no not a great community fish. I was only bringing them up as a species tank. However, I do not consider them aggressive. They are a great fish that few no about. Sure like a bad guppy there are males that have an attitude. But ive kept them with guppies and many species of micro fish. I didn't mean to stir the pot.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    No problem whatsoever.

You are right, they don't get mentioned alot, but sure are a nice looking fish.

A species-only tank of them would be awesome, too.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here is a rummynose for your tank - Silbar   For your good taste in music ;-) - steeler58   Trivia Contest - Slaphppy7   Trivia Contest - Slaphppy7   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Id recommend 75 temp. There youtube video of them mating. Pretty cool