· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the AC! - Slaphppy7   Name THIS pleco, lol - Slaphppy7   No Message - Boundava   Your Angelfish Tank - Boundava   'Cause the AC is your favorite book, lol - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Alright, I apparently forgot to read that it oxygenates the bath. My mind isn't thinking clearly I guess. :(

Thank you Angelcraze for all your concerns and efforts in trying to assist me with this. I'm going to remain very diligent and hope for the best. Do you know where I can get the Kanaplex?

Thanks again!!
    65g neons, black neons, serpae tetras, harlequins, zebra danios, ghost shrimp, cory cats, nerite snails, vampire shrimp

125g cory cats, nerite snails, flower shrimp, white clouds, angelfish, discus, pleco

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For hanging out on a lazy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Thanks for the rep!  This is going to be fun! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the "gpld star". - Silbar   

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishlove View Post
    Alright, I apparently forgot to read that it oxygenates the bath. My mind isn't thinking clearly I guess. :(
    That's normal FL as you're being bombarded with new information. Hang in there and remember that regardless of the out come here it's all a learning experience. I do hope that the complications here can be over come but do keep in mind that you're caring for one of the most demanding fish in the hobby. Many of us are learning right along with you.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   New fish ;-) - steeler58   Just because :) - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishlove View Post

Do you know where I can get the Kanaplex?
    I'm not sure where you are at in the world, but here are two links

https://www.bigalspets.com/ca/seache...html?sku=19281

Or

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007R...words=kanaplex

You could probably find it at a local fish store (LFS), but if it needs to be ordered, there's two places.....
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the AC! - Slaphppy7   Name THIS pleco, lol - Slaphppy7   No Message - Boundava   Your Angelfish Tank - Boundava   'Cause the AC is your favorite book, lol - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    That's normal FL as you're being bombarded with new information. Hang in there and remember that regardless of the out come here it's all a learning experience. I do hope that the complications here can be over come but do keep in mind that you're caring for one of the most demanding fish in the hobby. Many of us are learning right along with you.
    Thank you for allowing me to feel as though I'm not alone
    65g neons, black neons, serpae tetras, harlequins, zebra danios, ghost shrimp, cory cats, nerite snails, vampire shrimp

125g cory cats, nerite snails, flower shrimp, white clouds, angelfish, discus, pleco

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Angelcraze -
    Much appreciation for the links. ;) You know, I just got done checking water parameters and realized I had some Sulfaplex in my stock of goodies. It was bought to try and treat another fish in the small tank a little while back but I ended up not using it - it was too late :(. Long story short....I believe this treats the same. Anyone know any differences and/or have experiences between Sulfaplex and Kanaplex?

On a a much happier, and hopefully not a "wishful thinking" note....got home from work tonight, picked up all that I need minus the MB because I couldn't find it in the town I work in, I noticed my royal red looks so beautiful! :) Yes, beautiful. Gosh, I am just in awe at how this fish looks (didn't get a picture, but I should). Colors are great, fins are erect, no more cloudy eye and I almost can't even tell him apart from the other red because the "peeling" is gone. And he (or she) eats like a PIG! ha ha.....just got done feeding them frozen blood worms with a pinch of finely crushed garlic. Too bad the new guys didn't want to eat. :'( Well, hopefully soon...it's been 8 days since they moved in and I know they've eaten "some" just not as much as I'd like yet.

The only thing I've done the past few days (while waiting on what exactly to do), I did my 50% daily WC and added my normal Prime, along with Stress Coat. Could this have been my savior??

Well, I'm finally off tomorrow (I work as a nurse so you can imagine how exhausted I get as well as a 30 minute drive to/from work..ehh..) so I was planning the bath first thing but......should I postpone it since symptoms have cleared?? I'm sure it wouldn't hurt, I just don't want any unnecessary stress.

Gosh, I'm so happy. I just need my new fish to start settling in more. :(

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    OH NO!!!!!
    My cobalt that has been slowing deteriorating is now swimming and "leaning". He hits the bottom of the tank and stays there, like his belly is heavy - swim bladder?? I found him this morning on the bottom of the tank with his head in the air barely breathing.
    OMG I can't take this. I just woke up, my eyes are barely open and now my face is all wet from crying. Please help?

Called Drs. Foster & Smith (where I got the fish - they got them from a breeder in California) and even though these fish are guaranteed money back, he told me to start treating with Melafix for 7 days, then after 7 days perform 25% WC. Gosh, I've been doing WC daily and one fish is improving and now this :'(

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for your comcern and healing thoughts - Silbar   I wish I could give you a hug. - Silbar   Thinking of you ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    I'm so sorry you are having these struggles. I'd like to offer you a big hug.

All the advice I have is listen to the members here who have experience with Discus. I believe that they've recommended that you continue your daily wc's and use both the Prime and Stress Coat. Perhaps you could reach out to a few of them in a PM with a link to your recent post (to prevent your need to re-explain many times over) and see if a bath is something they would recommend.

Best of luck to you as you fight to save your fish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    RiversGirl, thank you for the kind words. A PM is a good idea. Thanks for mentioning it

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

welcome to the community! - mojosodope   Welcome to AC - you have some great discus photos! - ~firefly~   Great advice you have Judi ;-) - steeler58   

3 Not allowed!
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
    Lots of fresh clean water (large daily wcs) very often results in significant improvement of a host of stress/health problems with discus, whereas any medication can, & often does, do more harm than good.

Medicating discus is a last resort for most experienced discus-keepers.

You've already seen some improvement with daily wcs, fishlove, and even though you now have one more fish showing signs of discomfort/health issues, if it's very serious, then medicating now could only serve to do the fish in rather than cure it - whereas if it's not that serious, continuing the large daily wcs could remedy the problem.

You haven't had those fish very long - they may still be stressed from getting acclimated to a new environment & routine, and I feel you should be more patient, rather than jumping the gun with medications.

If that fish was meant to pass on with a serious affliction, then it will with fresh water, or medicines. Why risk the medicating now ?
    That's my .02

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   New fish ;-) - steeler58   Just because :) - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    I'm so happy that your red discus is doing so much better with the water changes :) :) :) I'm so impressed!

Sorry about your cobalt, wonder if it's the same one who was periodically flashing earlier.

Keep up with the 50% water changes!!! Don't stop to medicate with melafix. That med is so weak and it would do more harm than good to stop performing your WCs. 25% a week is never enough IME keeping finicky fish.

I really hope your cobalt comes around as well. Keep your chin up, don't give up, and keep trying your best. At least doing the WCs daily is less stressful for you. I'm really routing for you and your discus!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat