· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first Barb of many. - Strider199   Have another barb ;-) - steeler58   

Default 48 hour experience with clown pleco & rubbernose pleco

0 Not allowed!
    So a couple of days ago I decided to add a couple of clown plecos to my 65 gallon tank I needed something hardy that would co-exist with my rainbow shark once it matures.

So I picked up the clowns not realizing that driftwood was an essential part of their diet I have no driftwood nor did I want to really add any to my tank so I decided I was going to return the clowns and get something else not being able to give them what they most need.

I planned on getting a group of ottos but they just seemed a bit too small and I feared they would either get eaten or be harassed to death.while there my guy thought I had driftwood which I did not so he pulled out two rubbernoses I could not be more happy.

What an active couple of fish they went right to work on my glass and have not stopped since I brought them home.I know they were not in the tank long just overnight but all the clowns really did was hide you saw them here and there but nothing like the rubbernoses.they have been up front and center lights,no-lights since I have gotten them.I loved the look of the clowns with their markings and coloring but what fun is a fish if you cannot observe them hey they may have warmed up even if I put in some driftwood but I don't think they would have been even close to the algae scrubbers these rubbernoses are and though they may have come out of hiding these guys have been out and about since I got them.I know tank inhabitants may play a roll as well as decor but I do have a tank that's fairly well planted.

Just wanted to mention my brief experience with these two plecos in case anyone may be thinking of getting one of these two plecos.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Can never have too many corys! - Slaphppy7   Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Hahaha saw this post earlier.
    My rubberlip is a lousy algae-eater hahahah.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk
    No Cory, No Glory !!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

3 Not allowed!
    One of the handful times over the course of 13 years when my clown pleco was visible! This was during the day, mind you.

Last edited by Rocksor; 02-14-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thank you for the moss - Hockey nut   For being a good sport ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   You deserve a medal for all of your hard work! - Silbar   Hang in there, you will get it all done! - RiversGirl   

1 Not allowed!
    Mine comes out at night, only at night. I don't ever see the candy stripes unless I am redecorating. My BN male (over 5") only comes out when enticed by fresh veggies and then one look or feel of me near the tank and he's is gone...my newer female BN is out a bit more, but she is maybe 2.5" so has a lot of growing to too before she also turns into a
    75g- Plecos, Rainbowfish, Edlers, Espei, Gouramis, Cory, Loaches, Amano, and misc.
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; one with 4 chili rasbora & Bloody Mary and second with Blue Dream shrimp
    5.5g- Rescue female betta Lucky Star
    20L- Rescue betta Tony Stark and pygmy corys
    20L- Pygmy cory, 2 vampire/rock shrimp, ember tetras and female guppies

75g:
    Nat's 20L Tanks
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   For the nice vid ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on the 2nd spawn. - Silbar   A bit of good luck can't hurt during Irma. Stay safe as possible. - Taurus   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Mine is out at night during feeding and I sometimes catch it out when I walk by with lights on but it darts under the drift wood lol