· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because I back our Blue...thanks for your service - Silbar   Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Have another angel fish... - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   No Message - Law Dog   

0 Not allowed!
    Well, everything arrived over the past 3 days and today I decided to set up the pressurized system. I went with an inline atomizer from Up Aqua and I'm not very happy with the micro bubbles I now have in the tank that makes it look like the tank is filled with Sprite. The description and reviews all stated that hardly any bubbles were present upon discharge but some said it needed a few hours so the stone has a chance to soak. It's currently at 1bbm so I hope that's all I need but I suspect I'll have to increase it to get concentration of 30ppm I'm targeting for the plants. Fingers crossed that the stone atomizes the CO2 better once it's been in contact with water for a few hours.

20190309_201238a.jpg
    20190311_162156a.jpg
    20190311_162202a.jpg
    20190311_162216a.jpg

As you can see in the last photo, the water is "fizzy" like a bottle of clear soda but as I'm typing this post it seems to be clearing up a lot.

I currently have to output pressure at 40psi due to the Up Aqua atomizer requiring a minimum 36psi to operate correctly. Now I just need to sit back and keep an eye on everything to make sure the inhabitants are doing well and the CO2 doesn't get to dangerous levels. I have a drop checker in there but they're not real time but rather 1-2hrs delayed in their readings.
    Last edited by Law Dog; 03-11-2019 at 09:02 PM.
    * 100gal show
    - planted w/ Crypts, Vals, Java Fern, Staurogyne repens and Amazon Swords
    - Neons, 4 Angelfish, Sunset Honey Gourami, BN Pleco, Spotted Sailfin
    Pleco, Odessa Barbs, Corydoras schwartzi, Serpae Tetras, Silver tip tetras
    * Fluval Spec V
    - Dwarf Gourami, , 1 Kuhli loach, 2 Black Phantom Tetras
    - planted w/ Crypts

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because I back our Blue...thanks for your service - Silbar   Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Have another angel fish... - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   No Message - Law Dog   

0 Not allowed!
    I really hope this helps with BBA and GSA I've been getting in my tank since upgrading the light.

I also have been placed on a call list at a LFS for a Flying Fox (Epalzeorhynchos kalopterus). Has anyone had any experience with them? I know they can get rather large but was told they take years to get that big (6 inches).
    * 100gal show
    * Fluval Spec V
    - planted w/ Crypts

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dog View Post
    I really hope this helps with BBA and GSA I've been getting in my tank since upgrading the light.

I also have been placed on a call list at a LFS for a Flying Fox (Epalzeorhynchos kalopterus). Has anyone had any experience with them? I know they can get rather large but was told they take years to get that big (6 inches).
    Bba is pretty easy to remove ime.

What I have done in the past is keep water changes the same feeding a little less.

Then add seachem phosban.
    Starve the bba from its food sauce.

Then let the saes loose.

Be sure to get siamaes algae eaters.
    The flying fox will do nothing to help you.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Bba is pretty easy to remove ime.

What I have done in the past is keep water changes the same feeding a little less.

Then add seachem phosban.
    Starve the bba from its food sauce.

Then let the saes loose.

Be sure to get siamaes algae eaters.
    The flying fox will do nothing to help you.
    Thanks Mac! I haven't tried Phosban, but I will pick some up tomorrow. Good to know about the flying fox. I'll have to order SAE's as I've never seen them at any of my LFS's. Can you recommend a place?

Also, do you think the CO2 injection will help with BBA once I get it dialed in? Or will that only help with GSA?

On a side note, the Up Aqua atomizer seems to be working really well now. The bubbles are so small that you really need to look hard to see any in the tank.
    Last edited by Law Dog; 03-12-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    * 100gal show
    * Fluval Spec V
    - planted w/ Crypts

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    TWS has them, both tank-raised and wild caught
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    TWS has them, both tank-raised and wild caught
    TWS? Forgive me but I've never ordered any livestock online.
    * 100gal show
    * Fluval Spec V
    - planted w/ Crypts

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Yes, The Wet Spot in Portland...scroll down about 3/4 of this page to see them listed...I've ordered from them many times

http://www.wetspottropicalfish.com/i...d=2&Itemid=116
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dog View Post
    I received my regulator today! While this the first regulator I've owned, I'm very impressed with the quality of this unit from CO2Art, but aquatic equipment from Germany is usually well built.

I had the old 20# tank tested yesterday and all is good, plus it's still 95% full according to the welding shop I took it to. I will receive my inline atomizer tomorrow and the drop checker on Monday. That will leave me all day Tuesday to get it going. I have Mon/Tues off so I'll be able to monitor the inhabitants for any signs of stress and/or oxygen deprivation.

I'll try to post pics tomorrow but most likely Monday because my oldest has baseball practice after I get off of work. 👍
    Did you get an indicator and solution?

https://www.co2art.eu/blogs/blog/135...-drop-checkers

drop-checker_large.jpg

Are you looking for a flying fox to eat algae? They don't reliably do that. If you are looking for a fish that will do that get either otos or a group of Siamese Algae eaters (social and need a group which you should be able to do in your tank);

https://www.seriouslyfish.com/specie...heilus-langei/

https://www.aquariumdomain.com/adSoc...e-algae-eater/
    Last edited by Boundava; 03-12-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Another good source of info on the true SAE.

https://www.fishkeepingworld.com/siamese-algae-eater/

I had three in my 75 and am going to be adding about 6 to my 125 once its up and established. Great fish, super active and out there all the time. They love to rest on leaves-kinda like bettas and dojo/weather loaches.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Nat! Yes I have a drop checker and as I type it's a blue/green with 5hrs of co2 injection today and 2 1/2hrs left. I'm currently running about 3bbs.

Thanks for the links. I'm going to check them out now.
    * 100gal show
    * Fluval Spec V
    - planted w/ Crypts