· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

1 Not allowed!
    Here's an update:

He's now about half the length of the adults and is filling out nicely. He grabs food with the best of them. Has lost much of the jerkiness from his swimming, and now swims more smoothly. I can clearly see the red on his tail, and he's more silvery now than neon blue.

A very healthy and happy fishy!
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    A very healthy and happy fishy!
    Great news! A nice update on him. So, he is a White Cloud, correct?
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

1 Not allowed!
    Certainly looks like it. Same body and tail shape and much closer to the same coloring.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats with the trivia contest! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for taking the time with my angel :) - angelcraze2   Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    I used to breed white cloud mountain minnows. The young ones start out with a blue streak down their bodies and brilliantly iridescent blue eyes.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    The young ones start out with a blue streak down their bodies and brilliantly iridescent blue eyes.
    They sound beautiful.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    That explains why this one was so bluish for awhile. He's lost much of that, now.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new baby! My friend's white clouds breed in his pond and in his tanks, we've often noticed how the babies look like neon tetras.

I don't see any babies though!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Angel, that's a beautiful tank with beautiful White Clouds. How large is the tank?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats with the trivia contest! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for taking the time with my angel :) - angelcraze2   Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    White clouds are a very underrated fish, and the sickly pet store specimens hardly do the species justice. I used to breed my white clouds in February-March, by June the fingerlings would go in an 800 gallon outdoor pond where they'd spend the summer feeding on natural foods. in September I would net out the young adults which were deep bodied and spectacularly colored.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    My friend does something similar, the minnows breed in the pond like crazy. He adds the minnows from his tank when it's warm enough. Come fall, he nets ALL the fry and sells them. He brings any adult fish in about a month before the end of the season to ensure the fry are large enough to see and catch before the temperature drops too low. The minnows will breed in his tanks, but not to the extent as in the pond.

I took that pic of his minnows during a visit, that is the middle section of his 40g breeder, and his impressive crypt wendtii bouquet :) The tank has just WCMs, mixed neocaridina shrimp, and a beautiful pair of orange BN plecos (that still haven't bred for him). So some WCMs babies are able to survive in the crypt shelter.

I was very impressed with the minnows. He had them in different tanks, and I really really liked them. Underrated is an understament :) I asked if he thought I could get away with white clouds instead of rummynose. They remind me of tetras, and so pretty!
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 05-15-2017 at 12:03 AM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat