· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 73 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    That's great, I got a notification that the shipping was refunded for my second order-but nothing with shipping just yet.

I have a mad weekend of packing ahead of me.
    I will have to look in my email. I went to the site and my account said it shipped. which means it could be sitting outside his front door waiting to be picked up lol.
    If it's too loud you're too old
    If it's too fast then it must be thrash

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Bummer-mine still says awaiting fulfillment.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

2 Not allowed!
    I have been tossing around the idea of multi air stones buried in my tank. I do not want them releasing air all the time. I am looking for the stones to release air randomly, sorta like air pockets on the bottom of a lake releasing after pressure has built up enough to release bubbles into the water. Is there a pressure valve I can hook up in line to each stone that would accomplish this?

I hope my explanation of what I want isn't to confusing.....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

3 Not allowed!
    I understand what you want but am unsure a way to get it done. You would need some type if valve that opens at a certain pressure OR you can set the air pump on a timer and have it go off at different times of the day for intervals of 15 min or longer.

The white one is the one I am talking about-you can set it on for 15 minute intervals-or longer depending on the pegs you depress. You may be able to find a digital version-but you may be limited to 4 settings in a day, at least that's how my CO2 timers work.
    lg-87354-73455K-fish.jpg
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    That's a cool idea, with the bubbles. I think an air stone might be too much pressure though. You wouldn't want to send sand bombs off. I'm thinking one very mild airpump, attached to all the airstones, incorporating the treasure chest idea. What I mean, it's how the air accumulates under the treasure chest top before the top lifts and the air is released at once. Not sure exactly how you would build it, but possibly accumulating air slowly and releasing at once would work? I'd still use a timer, but it would be better than a constant stream of fine bubbles for two minutes or so.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    @BluewaterBoof may have an idea?
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I'm thinking one very mild airpump, attached to all the airstones, incorporating the treasure chest idea. What I mean, it's how the air accumulates under the treasure chest top before the top lifts and the air is released at once..
    That is exactly what I have in mind.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    @BluewaterBoof may have an idea?
    his name has come to mind as I have been think about this.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I understand what you want but am unsure a way to get it done. You would need some type if valve that opens at a certain pressure OR you can set the air pump on a timer and have it go off at different times of the day for intervals of 15 min or longer.

The white one is the one I am talking about-you can set it on for 15 minute intervals-or longer depending on the pegs you depress. You may be able to find a digital version-but you may be limited to 4 settings in a day, at least that's how my CO2 timers work.
    lg-87354-73455K-fish.jpg
    this possibly could work, going to spend some time looking into this.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey nut View Post
    That is exactly what I have in mind.

So any ideas how you would set it up? You can't just have a bunch of holes off one air line, you would need to have some type of splitter like a gang valve where hoses come off of a main line otherwise bubbler 1 would get more air than 2, and 2 more than 3, and so on depending on how many you can set up.

Also what would you use as your air trap? A shell type inverted dome? Nothing too deep other wise it will lift up and not tilt up.

https://www.amazon.com/Windspeed-Hem...l+plastic+dome

something more this shape:

https://www.amazon.com/Sequin-Seashe...tic+shell+bead

oh look here-the natural ones. They will last forever and unless you use it as a substrate it will not affect pH.

https://www.etsy.com/market/drilled_sea_shells
    Last edited by Boundava; 09-01-2017 at 06:52 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Page 73 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast