· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiya

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Hiya

0 Not allowed!
    I'm Michelle, and I'm a novice to this board and aquariums in general, though I did take an aquaculture class in high school, which means that I can test water for pH, ammonia, iodine, and heavy metals, and dissect fish, but I really have no idea how to go about decorating a tank.

I just got a ten gallon tank for my betta, Mark (guess what color he is), and I'm in the process of getting it all set up and ready for him. Up 'til now he's been living in a one gallon bowl pretty happily, but with winter approaching and the water getting cooler he's been off his food. So I decided it was officially time for him to get more space and proper heat and filtration.

So here I am, ready to, ahem, dive into the wonderful world of aquariums. Am I completely in over my head or what?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a beer to go with your name :) - Abbeys_Mom   your christmas present.  It's the 33g, it's folded :) - Abbeys_Mom   Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy   Singing to you.  Can you hear me? - hobbs   In memory of your friend, and a little love for you on that loss - kimmers318   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - crackatinny   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - crackatinny   AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - crackatinny   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - crackatinny   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to AC

Keeping tropical fish is not as daunting as it 1st seems, download the free ebook in the menu on the left, and ask any questions you need to, you will do fine

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Nice tank/good poster - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985   Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer   Thanks for the TOTM props! - richberstler   to my new buddy - mitcore   

0 Not allowed!
    Hello Michelle! Welcome to the A.C! Hmm...Mark. Is he red? Heh heh...anyway, feel free to ask any questions when in doubt ok? We are all here to learn and share. : )
    Regards,
    KcEE

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

welcome to ac! - cocoa_pleco   lol, have a heavy beer too! - cocoa_pleco   mixing your drinks, I see - Lady Hobbs   hobbs, he aint goin anywhere without a margarita! - cocoa_pleco   let's get corked - Lady Hobbs   
    HIV/AIDS - digital3   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - digital3   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - digital3   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the A.C.

You've come to the right place!

"My call sign is digital3... But you can call me Joda!"
    Click Here to visit my Blog
    Click Here to see my Pics S.S.A.A.C. & S.R.S.

55 gal. planted (Co2 Pressurized) - 1 Featherfin Syno, 2 Bolivian Rams, 2 SAEs, 3 Congo Tetras, 4 Long Fin Rosy Barbs, 6 Sunset Platys, 2 Lyre Tailed Swordtails, 3 Peppered Corys, 2 YoYo Loaches
    3 gal. planted nano (no Co2) - 1 spotted puffer, 3 Neon Tetras

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need some fishies with your ribbons - Lady Hobbs   coreys need company - Lady Hobbs   Celebrating my first batch of bred shrimp! - kurly   Because I love my Bolivian Rams :D - kurly   So my first Bolivian won't get lonely - kurly   
    Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - kurly   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - kurly   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - kurly   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - kurly   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - kurly   

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Michelle and welcome to the Forum. You are not in over your head at all and I am sure that your Betta will LOVE you for movin' him on up to a bigger home!

This is a great forum and everone is always here to help whenever you have any questions or concerns.
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thanks very much for helping me and sticking with me till the end. lol - squirt_12   For your new baby girl! - gm72   **Congrats On Your New Baby **  : ) - MeganL3985   Congrats!!! - Hailey   Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   
    Autism - country_boy454   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - country_boy454   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the forum!
    20g long 84w, fluorite, planted, 5 Habrosus Corys, MTS, pair of Clown Pleco (L104)
    20gal tall: home to 10 brevis. Letting them pair off then will put the rest into the 55.
    55g empty

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for good info! - Lady Hobbs   beer, anyone? - Lady Hobbs   great link on the diy oxengenator!!!  this one's on me - jeffs99dime   Keep on rhymin' - Rue   A fosters for you - crackatinny   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - CAF   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - CAF   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - CAF   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - CAF   AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - CAF   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC!!! Let us know if we can help out!
    Vice President
    Colorado Aquarium Society
    http://www.coloradoaquarium.org/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~   Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry Christmas my friend! - Taurus   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year! - Slaphppy7   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jeffs99dime   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jeffs99dime   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for being a champion =D - Full3R   you need a tang! - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    Hello there, welcome aboard!
    Decorating and landscaping a tank is always a personal thing.
    Go have a look at some of the Tank Of The Month (TOTM) entries over the last few months, you'll see all sorts of different ways to decorate and landscape.

Don't be afraid to experiment, either!
    Currently: Spotted Blue-eyes, two species of Australian shrimp, Ornate Rainbowfish, Guppies, Corydoras, goldfish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Awesome artwork! - invadertoast   Great Work! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC!!
    "Animals are such agreeable friends, they ask no questions, they pass no criticism."
    ~George Eliot