· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Think BR is Bolivian ram. With the plant, since its a stem plant you usually trim them from the mid-top stem area. Then clean off the bottom edge of the stem by pulling the leaves off and you can plant it or float it until it roots- but it can root anywhere along the stem.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    Taurus has dubbed them, the "unofficial favorite tetra" ;-)
    Honorary tetra, yeah they've been accepted into the tetrahood. That wisteria likes what's being done for it, it's pretty lush.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Untitled.jpg

Line would be where you cut and in the circle is some roots-you can pinch it off and start a mini-me plant, lol
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Ahh, ok, bolivian ram is even easier to keep :)
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

sending good luck to you and your fish - Silbar   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Sorry you lost your angel.  You did all the right things.  Give yourself some credit and carry on! - angelcraze2   Congratulations and welcome home to your baby! - RiversGirl   so sorry to hear about your discus. I hope you can figure it out. - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Awesome! Bolivian ram is what I was referring to. :) I'm definitely going to read more about them.
    65g neons, black neons, serpae tetras, harlequins, zebra danios, cory cats, yo yo loaches, nerite snails, vampire shrimp

125g cory cats, nerite snails, flower shrimp, white clouds, yo yo loaches, angelfish, discus, pleco

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

sending good luck to you and your fish - Silbar   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Sorry you lost your angel.  You did all the right things.  Give yourself some credit and carry on! - angelcraze2   Congratulations and welcome home to your baby! - RiversGirl   so sorry to hear about your discus. I hope you can figure it out. - bpete   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post

Line would be where you cut and in the circle is some roots-you can pinch it off and start a mini-me plant, lol
    Ahhh, thank you for the visual Nat! I'm a very visual person ;)
    65g neons, black neons, serpae tetras, harlequins, zebra danios, cory cats, yo yo loaches, nerite snails, vampire shrimp

125g cory cats, nerite snails, flower shrimp, white clouds, yo yo loaches, angelfish, discus, pleco

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle - Slaphppy7   Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Great job researching the plant weights. - Silbar   Have a tetra for all your hard work ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on your new Corys! - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I really don't think tetras will swim backwards either, and that is what I love about cichlids.
    Hi. One of my Bloodfin Tetras swims at the top of the tank at night with the other Bloodfins who are remaining stationary in the current coming towards them. Only this fish is turned around the other way. Technically he/she isn't going anywhere, but I think swimming backwards to stay stationary might count. Sort of.
    ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

29g planted freshwater tank
    AC70 HOB
    Satellite Pro LED 24-36 20W 20-LEDs (14-6500K 6-RGBW)
    Tahitian Moon Sand w/some Flourite

STOCK LIST:
    8 Bloodfin Tetras
    6 Bronze Corys
    10 Amano Shrimp
    5 Dream Blue Velvet Shrimp
    5 Sky Blue Velvet Shrimp
    10 Assassin Snails

Planted 29g journal

BUCKETS

"Mulder, where are you?"
    "Hey, lesson here, Bey. You come at the king, you best not miss."
    "If it sounds like a fact, it is a fact."

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   Good to hear from you again! - Slaphppy7   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishlove View Post
    Same here
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishlove View Post
    I am as well, picture is worth a thousand words and all that...
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'm really not sure what's going on in my tank right now but one of my Angels has decided to start hiding, under a piece of mopani wood. I just noticed this last night, as I was out of town from Friday night until last night. The Angel was not doing this before the weekend. I have not had any issues before this weekend either. Everyone has been doing great. Fast forward to last night, as soon as I pulled in the garage, I run in the house to check on the animals and I notice the Angel hiding. My initial thought "oh great, what now!" He is the male to "one" of my pairs, the one who has the yellow lips/fins. He comes out as soon as he sees me. Great, I'm thinking....put food in the tank and he eats too. Wonderful!

It's a little hard to tell if there's anything physically wrong with him, it may appear that he has a tiny white spot by his eye but I'm not really sure. It may also appear some scales are missing but that's also hard to tell because he's a little shiny...a lot of my Angels are shiny. His fins are erect, his color is normal, and his breathing is regular. He will come out of hiding every once in a while, then go right back in. Tonight, I've noticed all the other Angels going after him, nothing too serious, just chasing. There are no eggs in the tank currently. I do still have the pleco in there too and have not "witnessed" anything since adding him (several months ago).
    Does anyone have any insight for me? My gosh, I feel like I have the worst luck in the world. :(

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast