· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water levels

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default water levels

0 Not allowed!
    hi i purchsaed a display model aquarium yesterday (hugo kamishi mizuchi60) their was no instructions in the box. could you tell me how high the water needs to be filled. the fillters are in the lid, should the water come above the filters or are they just for the pump to push the water through? (first aquarium so compete begginer)

thanks in advance for any advice you can offer

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    I'm not familiar with that tank but here is the instruction sheet from the internet.
    http://hugokamishi.com/wp-content/up...on-booklet.pdf
    I would think that the water must flow through the filter and the pump.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    thanks, for the quick reply, i did find that sheet online but didnt seem to answer the problem unfortuantely. are the spounge filters usually fully submereged in water?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Hi and welcome to AC,
    I have kept a few similar to the these many many years ago.
    Around the inside glass rim, you will notice that either the plastic will sit on top of the lip of the glass or it will run down the out side face of the glass around 5-10mm. Depending mine, had in the instructions to fill to 1cm of the very top of the glass. In mine that was couple of mms above the out side plastic trim. That hid most of the filters motor system.

Are you able to post some photos?
    Also be sure to read this sticky before starting the tank up
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640

mac

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    thanks, i have attatched some pohots but their not realy very clear unfortunately.

IMG_0595.JPGIMG_0594.JPG

IMG_0596.JPGIMG_0597.JPG

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    sorrythe 2nd one is upside down for some reason to :S

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    looks like you could possibly go up a little more.
    As a whole the virtually the same as some of the first tanks I started out with.
    Whats your plan cycling wise?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It should all be pretty self explanatory. YEAH the sponge filter goes in the water

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rs389 View Post
    hi i purchsaed a display model aquarium yesterday (hugo kamishi mizuchi60)
    Hello and welcome to the AC! Mac is giving you excellent guidance. It is good to ask questions now, instead of trying to correct trouble after purchasing livestock. Please do plan, research, ask questions before buying live critters.

Have you read the sticky about doing a fishless cycle yet?

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...7304#post57304
    Last edited by RiversGirl; 01-06-2017 at 03:10 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC! Great advice and good on you for asking questions before adding any fish and/or critters. Don't hesitate to ask any more!

I have one of those "Eclipse" knock off bowfront tanks where the filter was in the hood. Personally, I found it much easier to not use the hood and just have some glass resting on top. I think I stole the glass from $$$ store picture frames. Then I just added a shop light with a 5000k standard e27 base LED. I've used Phillips 10.5W slim LEDs for plant growth and everything. I forget the brand name, but walmart sells some cheap (but work well) 5000k LEDs as well. I even have a 4$ LED bulb from the $$$ store on my "Eclipse" knock off 10g and the easy to grow plants are growing out of control! Then I just use a bio sponge filter I got off Ebay for $6 or so. I have also used an HOB filter on the tank, I like aquaclear the best!

I posted a pic of my 10g jungle. (Those are baby angels, and will be upgraded to a bigger tank soon.) The lighting looks dark with the daylight, and I have prettier pics of the tank somewhere, but that's what it looks like today right now :) that's the only light growing the plants.

You may not be into plants yet, but a little easy to grow plant really benefit fish I have noticed, at least the ones that don't eat them all! But I thought it would be nice to show some plants can be grown so easily without consuming too much power if you opt to try it. I noticed my fish acted more naturally once I added plants and spawning increased.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 01-06-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat