· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie   Thank you for all the plant advice - showmebutterfly   Merry Xmas To You! - Sandz   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Triton's General Tanking Updates

2 Not allowed!
    Hey guys,

Long time no post, finally got into winter shut down hours. So work is slow enough that I get some time to relax

Wanted to give a few updates on whats been going on in my world and get back into AC a little more like it used to be. I know a lot of the newer members here probably have no idea who I am LOL

1. Pandora has recovered well from the first surgery, the vet told us we could wait on the 2nd surgery if we needed to, so at this point it may wait till tax return time to help with the costs. All else appears fine and she's a happy pup

2. The dirted 75 with the 3D background is NO MORE - the wife wanted to remove the carpet in the living room, that combined with me being tired of the 3D background taking up too much floor space in the tank pushed me to sell the entire set up (minus the filters). I ripped up the carpet, cleaned the hardwoods and will be slowly putting the tank back up. Just bought a new 75 at the $1/gal sale

3. On the business side - with everything going on I shut down the website for awhile. I am still selling most of the products, but sold the shrimp food line to a good friend that could sell it better and simplified the stuff I sell to only stuff that I use personally.

3.1. On the better news business side, a fellow ACer and myself have decided to team up on some stuff. Sandz and I are working together to source some solid hardscape materials (stone and wood)

4. The fishroom is doing well, I have decided to stop selling plants (was WAY too cut throat for me) so I now have 5 additional 30g breeders open for fish :). The room has been working great, daily high temps are around 87-88, while the daily low is 65-68. So the average temp of the day is staying in the 70s. Considering I am running 22 tanks in the room, my electric bill hasn't changed much which is huge.

Time for me to adjust my signiture :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

3 Not allowed!
    Hey man, good to see you back!

Glad to hear Pandora is doing well, and that you have some "new" tanks to set up.

Looking forward to new pics in the coming months.

M-
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie   Thank you for all the plant advice - showmebutterfly   Merry Xmas To You! - Sandz   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Yea gonna be a slow process - with all the costs lately things are a little tight. But jumping back in full force

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Will you and Sandz have a website?

I know he's selling fish too, but I don't do FB, and not sure if he has a website.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    my website may go back up in the next month and will include some things there..

Not sure if he has his site rolling yet or not.

We just ordered 500lbs of stone - dragon stone, seiryu stone, black lava rock and petrified wood lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    That's alot of rock!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Just a wee bit. But will be selling it 10-20lbs at a time

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   For the nice vid ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on the 2nd spawn. - Silbar   A bit of good luck can't hurt during Irma. Stay safe as possible. - Taurus   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Where you getting the wood from?

I have a bunch of cool pieces I find around the fish farm I'm working at now wouldn't mind hooking you two up if your interested.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Depending on the type and size we may be interested. Per has his store in Jacksonville.

We are importing some of the malaysian dw and spiderwood for now

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   For the nice vid ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on the 2nd spawn. - Silbar   A bit of good luck can't hurt during Irma. Stay safe as possible. - Taurus   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    Yep I was going to take a trip to see his new store I'm only a few hours away.

Well I find them in the sides of the ponds usually so being able to ID type of wood isn't always easy. Its usually live oak that fell in the water at some point. But the best part is they are waterlogged naturally for who know how many years.

some pieces I find are possibly cypress super hard and really old weathered look. Other pieces I'm always looking for are the nice rootballs with long root extensions.

I take pieces I find and powerwash em snap off dead branches and what not then set them out to sun dry.

All for my own personal use I have a tank now the rainbow tank in my sig with a nice piece I found.

I have wood stashed in my trunk and around the farm haha..