· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

2 Not allowed!
    @RiversGirl, Paraguard treats everything: Ich, fungus, bacterial infection, AIDS, the common cold, post traumatic stress disorder, disillusionment, athlete's foot, midlife crisis. Paraguard covers it all.

Well, OK, just the first three. But still, it's pretty good stuff. And I did a little reading, and it's supposed to be snail safe.

Water quality is actually quite good right now: 0 Ammonia, 0 nitrite, 5 nitrate. I haven't checked for a while; I expected it to be a lot worse considering I keep losing fish. But we'll take the good news!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Paraguard is safe for about anything. I've used it on fry and in shrimp tanks. No snails every seemed bothered (mystery, rabbit, assassin, nerite, bladder or pond) and when I managed to get ich in a tank with syno cats and an elephant nose they seemed no worse for wear during treatment either and the EN are notoriously sensitive to meds. Love the stuff and use it first or only in many situations ever since I found it to be the least stressful and actually serves its purpose med on the market... It's a bit mild and really does nothing for internal parasites so there's definitely issues it can't help with but will probably be my go to for ich for all the foreseeable future and is my first preventative med in QT routines.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    @RiversGirl, Paraguard treats everything: Ich, fungus, bacterial infection, AIDS, the common cold, post traumatic stress disorder, disillusionment, athlete's foot, midlife crisis. Paraguard covers it all.

Well, OK, just the first three. But still, it's pretty good stuff. And I did a little reading, and it's supposed to be snail safe.

Water quality is actually quite good right now: 0 Ammonia, 0 nitrite, 5 nitrate. I haven't checked for a while; I expected it to be a lot worse considering I keep losing fish. But we'll take the good news!
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for the losses :( Pardon me if I've forgotten or missed it, but are the lemons that came down with Ich new fish? Or did you add anything new? You got the twig cats a week or so ago?
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 11-18-2018 at 01:12 AM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    Paraguard treats everything: (…) stress (…) , disillusionment, (…) midlife crisis. Paraguard covers it all
    Sounds like I need to start adding it into my morning coffee. I'll research dosing next.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Seriously though,
    It is a nice thing to learn that ParaGuard is one of the treatment options for ICH. I was aware that it's gentle stuff and have also used it with shrimp in the tank.

Gentle treatments that are effective = a great thing, in my book.

Thanks for the discussion about it, y'all! I so appreciate that this place is one in which I can ask questions and not be attacked for asking.

Thomas, I'll join you in celebration regarding your good water quality - the best medicine there is - and I'll keep up the good wishes that you've seen the last of your losses.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Seriously though,
    It is a nice thing to learn that ParaGuard is one of the treatment options for ICH. I was aware that it's gentle stuff and have also used it with shrimp in the tank.

Gentle treatments that are effective = a great thing, in my book.
    I know at least a couple members that use Paraguard for prophylactic treatment in QT, so I could be wrong, but I don't think it causes immunity or resistance.

Here's some info I keep on hand about Paraguard and what it is (it's gentleness)
    http://www.americanaquariumproducts.....html#formalin

ParaGuard employs a proprietary, synergistic blend of aldehydes, malachite green and fish protective polymers.

A newer and in my opinion (& experience) formulation that contains a formalin product is SeaChem ParaGuard which contains a proprietary, synergistic blend of aldehydes which is less toxic than other formalin/formaldehyde formulas. The form of Formalin used in ParaGuard is the safest/most effective formalin I have used to date
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

0 Not allowed!
    This isn't ich; it sort of looks like it, but it's on their fins, too. I think it's some sort of bacterial or fungal infection. The angels have it too, now, and I lost a card and a neon this morning. :(

The lemons are fairly new. The disease must have come in with them or with the twigs.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Oh no! Why do you say it's not ich?
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Ich will also appear on fins.

Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast