· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default very pretty!

0 Not allowed!
    Those little guys are beautiful. Are they hard to find?? havent seen them at any lfs.
    30 gal
    3 black angels 1 black vail angel 4 glo danios 2 opaline guaramis 1 mollie 2 white tetra 1 fem fancy guppy 1 pleco
    10 gal
    1 redlobster crayfish 2 feeder goldfish 1 pleco
    2.5 gal
    4 glo danios 1 albino corycat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for being a nice person! ...and the fiendship! :-) - digital3   Thanks for ID'ing my Apisto - Spyder   youre always so nice! - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas Jess :) - MeganL3985   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Fishalicious   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fishalicious   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Fishalicious   HIV/AIDS - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    The Spotted is the Maculatus and they are also pretty bright red but not as dark as the brigittae red... will look a pic out as I had them also in one of my tanks ... it does seem to take a little while until they settle and show the vibrant colors

The foto of my other boraras is the boraras brigittae - also known as the red fin dwarf razor.

I feed them frozen Cyclops, frozen bosmiden, baby brine shrimp and finely crushed flakes so they get a nice varied diet

@Lady Hobbs it is indeed a 30 gallon and not a 10 gallon... I have 15 Boraras Micros in a 10 gallon with shrimp and truly believe even in the 10 gallon I could easily go up to 20 otherwise I would never ever suggest it - fish go first with me.

I am pretty sure any LFS could order them in for you.. although not often seen in the LFS they are easily available.
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need some fishies with your ribbons - Lady Hobbs   coreys need company - Lady Hobbs   Celebrating my first batch of bred shrimp! - kurly   Because I love my Bolivian Rams :D - kurly   So my first Bolivian won't get lonely - kurly   
    Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - kurly   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - kurly   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - kurly   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - kurly   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - kurly   

0 Not allowed!
    Fishalicious, do you know of any other slightly larger fish that can go in the tank with microrasboras? I really want 1 centerpiece fish that is a little larger to put in my tank but I know I am very limited to what fish can go in there that will not harm or eat my Maculatus Rasboras. I only have three of them now and am trying to find some more locally but am having trouble with them even ordering some for me! So I thought about adding one slightly larger fish.
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by squirt_12
    it is a 30g not a 10g
    Why did I notice that this morning but didn't see it yesterday?

duh

But why not have both........cardinals and the galaxy.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 11-29-2007 at 04:00 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for being a nice person! ...and the fiendship! :-) - digital3   Thanks for ID'ing my Apisto - Spyder   youre always so nice! - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas Jess :) - MeganL3985   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Fishalicious   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fishalicious   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Fishalicious   HIV/AIDS - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    @ kurly Sparkling Gourami's are beautiful and would make a nice center piece with the rasboras plus the 'croaking sounds' are just toooooo cute
    One of mine:

or some chocolate gourami's

You could use them as surface center piece fish... and for the bottom some sort of dwarf corydoras - hastatus, pygmy... etc.

A harem of Dario Dario (small but so beautiful also) and as a super clean up crew some small shrimp like the cherry or crystal red.

Then you have a tank with small fish on all levels ...
    My own Fish Blog

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need some fishies with your ribbons - Lady Hobbs   coreys need company - Lady Hobbs   Celebrating my first batch of bred shrimp! - kurly   Because I love my Bolivian Rams :D - kurly   So my first Bolivian won't get lonely - kurly   
    Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - kurly   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - kurly   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - kurly   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - kurly   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - kurly   

0 Not allowed!
    I wanted to have fish on all levels and had originally planned on getting a Sparkling Gourami! My original stock list for my tank was a school of spotted rasboras, 4 diamond pygmy cory catfish, and a sparkling gourami as the centerpiece fish. I have the rasboras and the cories and ended up adding a few cherry shrimp to my tank for now because the place where I ordered the fish did not have the sparkling gourami in stock. Then someone told me ( I don't know who) that the sparkling gourami would eat my cherry shrimp so I changed my mind. The sparkling gourami doesn't get that large so I didn't think it would bother the shrimp but now I don't know. But if I can still get it then I will as soon as I can find one locally. Is it okay to just have one?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Great minds think alike

If you make sure you get the Trichopsis pumila (there are 3 types in different sizes) you will not have a problem with shrimp - I don't. If you can get a trio as alone they will be extremely shy plus you will miss out on the croaking sounds ... they are indeed also very small (1.1 inches / 3 cm) but sparkling is a good name for them ;) I agree most gourami's would eat shrimp but these guys are so small they couldn't if they wanted to ;)

Some other pretty center piece fish are
    IRIATHERINA WERNERI
    PSEUDOMUGIL FURCATUS
    My own Fish Blog

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Are they very territorial? Do they breed easy? (Not that I want any fry because my tank is small)

I'll look up the other suggestions you have given me but I really really really want some Sparking Gouramis!

And I agree... Great Minds do think alike!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have some popcorn! - cocoa_pleco   for rep points :) - Dave66   Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985   

0 Not allowed!
    I want some of those rasboras now! Those are some COOL looking fish! (Must Google! )

I can attest that Sparkling Gouramis do indeed breed easily! (Just see my sig... )

Raising the babies, on the other hand, has proven much more difficult. They seem to be quite fragile.

The male is only territorial with the female, unless he's got eggs or babies in his nest, then he'll drive off other fish.

I love my two adults. They're very smart, very inquisitive, but also quite shy. They like to hide amongst the plants. But the moment I open the lid, they drift up to the top, giving me pleading looks for a tasty snack.

Oddly, mine don't really care for flake food and spit it out, but they LOVE the soft pellets I bought for my two froggies (before they died... ). I crumble them so they're easier to eat, but they'll try to swallow the whole ones too!

Hope that helps!

Rue
    20g planted:
    2 honey gouramis
    1 sparkling gourami
    2 zebra danios
    2 kuhli loaches
    too many snails!

10g planted:
    2 chinese fire belly newts

5g bucket:
    about 40 zebra danio fry!!!

"Sometimes you search the world for happiness and cannot find it, othertimes it surprises you." ~~ A. S. Butler

"One child is often not enough, but two children are often too many." ~~Anon.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Wow! 30-40 sparkling gourami fry?????? How many of them are alive now and what are you going to do with them?

Thanks for the information on the sparkling gouramis. That has helped me out a lot but I do have a few more questions. You said that they hide in the plants. Does that mean that they hide all of the time or just some of the time? I know I am asking a lot of questions but I like to find out information from people first hand because I don't want to go out and spend my money on something that I'll never see.

My tank is missing something and I think the sparkling gouramis are what it's missing!
    Last edited by kurly; 11-29-2007 at 07:47 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast