· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Have you got a red sea rep out there as they should be able to get you a red sea reefer tank they are awesome bits of kit and what I'm changing to myself :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    After seeing what was in the shop kit along with the tank size it was about as much use as the word aardvark in black adder.

Maybe I am not quite explaining it right in the flow department. Though you have answered it right in the filter sock though. The video I saw was more in the line that all 3 filter socks were given equal amounts of water flowing through them at all times. Its was the shape and angle that he did which I did not get.

Talking of which with the sump I would need to do all the baffles out of that acrylic for ease of drilling?? How well dose that glue to glass??
    Just googled nz and found a lot of what I need through many shops. Appart from the weir. Those need to be send it from over seas it seems. Else I am not hitting the right searches in NZ.
    Or could I make one of them as well?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Yea doesnt madder the flow rate through a sock filter its only job is to collect particles before entering the sump.

I saw a awesome trick using heavy duty weather striping for a seal lock baffle rather then gluing or silicone so then you can readjust or customize as you need. I'll research and try to find the link again.

You can use glass for baffles just a lot riskier for breaking is shipping cost ridiculous for plexiglass via online?
    Last edited by AmazonJoe; 12-29-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Na if the order is under 10kg and roughly 200mm by 400mm its around $20.00 Auckland to Timaru. So for you guys be around $13.00.
    If you can find a link for it that would help a ton. Just googled heavy duty weather stripping seal and we have a fair amount of it. Just depends on what specs the one you mean.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty.h View Post
    Have you got a red sea rep out there as they should be able to get you a red sea reefer tank they are awesome bits of kit and what I'm changing to myself :)
    Yes we have got quite a few red sea reps. But the Kits tanks in NZ for lets say 50g are on and around $2,000.00- 3,000
    And for some un known reason they seems select all the tanks which are well over 20in high giving in a pain in the neck for lighting. Also they tend to have cubes not more useful sizes.
    Last edited by mac; 12-29-2016 at 10:04 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonJoe View Post
    Here ya go mac! LINK
    Thanks for the link. Yes I can get that very easily and very very very cheap. Actually Cheaper than silicone which is 14.00nz a tube.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    More than a plan. Waiting until next year starts up then I will comence the slow set up and build.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast