· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks everyone, I had no idea there were so many tetra species. I am looking forward to having such an active tank. Slap, the congos are a good looking fish, I'll have to look more into them. I'm not a huge fan of mollies either but my wife tolerates all this aquarium stuff with a smile on her face. The least I can do is put some mollies in there for her. Thanks for the advice on the breeding, I'll do my best to get all males.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Caution the placement of shrimp with many tetra species, including neons-who have been know to attack adult cherry shrimp in packs. If you are talking amano, bamboo, or another larger filter feeding shrimp, then they should be fine with most tetras.
    Thanks for that, I was planning on doing some amano for sure. I may wait till the plants have some more time to thicken up before I put Crs in there. Make sure they have plenty of hiding spots available.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mch1984 View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of mollies either but my wife tolerates all this aquarium stuff with a smile on her face. The least I can do is put some mollies in there for her.

You can do males or females, but not both, they breed like crazy, so be careful

A 75G could have 50-100 of them in just a few months

You need to show your wife some non-live-breeding fish, lol
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Lol, I will take that into very serious consideration. I know some people loving having baby's but I'm good without.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Livebearers can overtake a tank very quickly, I had my experience with platys, it was no fun.

Steer her away from mollies, platys, swordtails, and endlers....you'll be glad you did
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Just a small update, wanted to show off one of my Christmas presents.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here is a rummynose for your tank - Silbar   For your good taste in music ;-) - steeler58   Trivia Contest - Slaphppy7   Trivia Contest - Slaphppy7   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Livebearers can overtake a tank very quickly, I had my experience with platys, it was no fun.

Steer her away from mollies, platys, swordtails, and endlers....you'll be glad you did
    Could just get males.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    If you can try to stay away from prolific breeders of you can. Or add something that can at least help cull the fry down a tad. Other wise tanks become full of fish in months.

Years ago I use to breed platys for a feeding supply for my angles fire mouth. But even then they still managed to breed up.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    So it's been a while since i've updated this one at all. I've got a lot of projects going on because I cant help myself lol. But I'm finally ready to get this done. Oddly enough the original title to this was wrong, it was a 90 gallon tank. But fast forward to current times. I was putting my man cave/office together where the tank is going to go and realized the 90 was just to big. So i sold it and now have a brand new 75 gallon, funny how that works. I finally just stopped and ordered everything i needed for it. So the specs are, a 75 gallon aquarium, hydor canister filter (i think thats how you spell the brand), fluval "e" series 300 watt heater, 160 lbs of eco complete, pressurized co2 system with a aquatop led fixture. I've got a large piece of driftwood and 4 small pieces of Cholla wood.

I hope to start planting and putting together next week. My plan is to just plant the baby tears and wrap my cholla wood in Java to start with. I figure it will be a lot easier to plant the baby tears while there is very little water in the tank. I have my regulator and everything else i need for the co2 system, except the co2 canister. I was going to spend the money and get a 5 or 10lb canister but have decided to go the economical route and use the paintball canisters. I have the adapter ordered and coming Friday. I'm still undecided on what other plants i'm going to put in this tank and on what fish to stock. But i'm excited to finally get it going

IMG_0508.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    has anybody ever messed with Lilaeopsis? Starting to look into instead of baby tears.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast