· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Have a beer for 5,000 posts ;-) - steeler58   Closest thing I could find for a gold star. - Taurus   Gold Star for that one! - RiversGirl   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    I agree with AC. Heck, I was even surprised when my gren neons started eating my shrimp. Luckily Iwas able to rescue some and now they are prospering in a different tank with nano fish.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm certain it's no hastatus, but all corys are cool! - Slaphppy7   Good luck with your corys - Silbar   

3 Not allowed!
    I'm sooooo taking notes

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   New fish ;-) - steeler58   Just because :) - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silbar View Post
    I agree with AC. Heck, I was even surprised when my gren neons started eating my shrimp. Luckily Iwas able to rescue some and now they are prospering in a different tank with nano fish.
    Yeah, I had only one clown killifish in a 5g. They are very small fish (but awesome) and even when he was in the tank, I just couldn't get a nice shrimp colony going. He was for sure eating the shrimplets, I gave him to my LFS, and the shrimp flourished almost immediately.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For caring for your fish, I hope the BP makes it. - steeler1   Sorry for your loss - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Idk...little little cories and microfish with a kribensis?

I think that's a good idea, moving the shrimp before adding a krib.
    would black neons be better than the embers? I'm very open when it comes to changing the upper/mid level shoal of fish or would it be better to just go with one strictly top dwelling fish like a African butterfly fish or 2 golden wondering killies.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles with your dogs.  Best wishes hoping your other dog fully recovers. - angelcraze2   I'm sorry for your loss of Maggie - Silbar   No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    Look at the dwarf pencilfish as a dither

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   New fish ;-) - steeler58   Just because :) - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    Look at the dwarf pencilfish as a dither
    Dwarf pencil-ly killifish? Clown kilis are always at the top and fit your African theme.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 11-30-2016 at 05:43 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles with your dogs.  Best wishes hoping your other dog fully recovers. - angelcraze2   I'm sorry for your loss of Maggie - Silbar   No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For caring for your fish, I hope the BP makes it. - steeler1   Sorry for your loss - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for another late response, but those fish aren't all that common in my area sadly. All though I could call up my LFS but as helpful as they are they can get a certain uncommon/rare fish in.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    You could keep a female kribensis with just about anything big enough to not fit in her mouth, and not too big or aggressive to stress her out our hurt her.

Platies, or other live-bearers are most likely available in your area, and this fish can handle a higher pH. Again, I'm not saying a school of small/med sized tetras can't adapt either.

Take a look at your LFS and see what your options are. I'm interested in what you choose though, so keep us updated :)
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I just have to let you know this:
    In a 20 gallon, your krib is going to look pretty big, and she mostly inhabits the bottom strata. She also takes at least 5 gallons of your bioload, so I don't know if two schools (one for the top, one for the bottom) of fish would work in your 20 gallon kribensis community.

I don't see an issue with your original idea, minus the cory school. (Just my opinion and experience keeping kribs) And that's if she doesn't view the small tetras and rasporas as food. If you get her fairly young, and let her grow up with smaller fish, this will minimize the chances she will try to eat them when she's bigger ;)
    -Kat