· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm certain it's no hastatus, but all corys are cool! - Slaphppy7   Good luck with your corys - Silbar   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

0 Not allowed!
    Plants llist:

Hygrocotile tripartita
    Proserpinaca palustris
    Hygrophila polysperma
    Anubia Nana
    Myriophillum tuberculatum
    Cyperus helferi
    sagitaria rastrera
    myriophillum matogrossense
    Limnophila sessiliflora
    legenandra meboldii
    crypto wendtii green
    crypto wendtii brown
    Ludwigia repens
    Micrantemum unbrosum
    Vesicularia dubyana
    Nymphea Lotus
    microsorum pteropus narrow
    Micranthemum Monte Carlo

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm certain it's no hastatus, but all corys are cool! - Slaphppy7   Good luck with your corys - Silbar   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

0 Not allowed!
    My first inhabitants!!!!! I will open a second post asking for help identifying it so other ppl not interested in my aquarium can find that info later.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...2V4WTcySjhkQ1U

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    And so, my first purposely bought inhabitants are here and the best part is that one of the structures I created, the rock shelter, worked PERFECTLY as the objective was precisely that, to serve as shelter and here they are:

(By the time I'm writing this, 10 mins after the video was shot, some 5 of them are out playing in the current, I thought it was going to take way more)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...jR6Rl9mY0VXcW8

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    New video with more fish out of the rock shelter!!!!!! I hope I dont lose too many or none at all actually

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...UYwWWJnSWlyZHc

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on your first fish in this tank. I think they like their new home.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silbar View Post
    Congrats on your first fish in this tank. I think they like their new home.
    They are already out in the middle exploring, they took food, I vacuumed out the leftovers from the food and while I was vacuuming they ran to hide in the corner but as soon as I took the siphon out, all came back to swim at the middle again, I'm too satisfied

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    well, Since the morning I had been missing one of the fish (not that I recognize them but counted 14, then 13, then 11, then 14, and so on but never the 15. I lost it overnight probably and just found it a while ago =( out of 15 neons 14 survived the first night, I hope it wasn't my fault. Well, thats more material for the microscope hehehehe I will have to buy a microtome soon.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    I was so happy that your rock structure worked as planned and yet your neon tetras were schooling in the open and playing in the current, so awesome, they were displaying such pretty colour.

Congrats on your whole setup. You've put a lot of thought into your aquarium all around, as a whole, and it's a pleasure to follow along with you and any new developments you notice.

Sorry you lost one neon. They are very finicky fish to acclimate, the stock is often weak until you can properly care for them. If the others are not showing any signs of illness, it is just "one of those things". It's always good to keep a close eye for any illness on newly introduced fish. They looked well to me in your video :)
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thnks a lot. Do U think i should expect more deaths in these first days?
    They look perfectly fine for me, the only weird thing is that they like to stay mainly where the current is and swim against it
    Also, the CO2 is there, I thought they would hate it and run away but they keep on swiming against the current there, some times they go away for a while but then they come back at it

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    So, some of my fish have issues. I noticed them playing in the current taking baths with the CO2 bubbles. I thought it was weird or a coincidence so I changed the filter so the current goes to the other side and so the CO2. I was still installing everything (I had to change the side anyways so the output of the filter would point towards the intake at the other side)when they started doing the thing again, this time at the new side. I thought it was just the current that they wanted so I moved the CO2 and... nope, they followed the CO2. They don't do it all the time but very frequently. Its like they get high on CO2, they climb against the current in the middle of the CO2 bubbles and they let fall, they fall till the bottom of the tank and climb like crazy again and again let fall. I had to record them, I got narco fishes (tho a group of 5 are more normalish.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...HJvYV81LUl1YXc

(play de video WITHOUT audio)
    Last edited by Skirmitch; 11-27-2016 at 02:25 AM.