· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Newbie alert!!!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Newbie alert!!!

1 Not allowed!
    My name is Connor and I am completely new to the aquarium hobby. On the other hand when I was a little kid, my father had a fantastic saltwater aquarium and I always said that I have wanted one. I just recently moved to Florida where i work at a scuba dive shop so I do dive a lot and I get to see all of the beautiful fish in there natural habitat. Now i just wish that I didn't have to go diving every time I wanted to see marine life, thus bringing me to the hobby of a saltwater tank. Like I said before I am completely new to this and I am very eager to get started. However with the little knowledge that I do have, I know it is going to take a lot of patience and hard work. Also I wanted to do a lot of research before jumping into it, so any information is extremely helpful and I am just looking for a good place to start.

I am looking to get a 75 gallon tank and hopefully have a self sustaining reef in my living room. The more information the better, and hopefully you guys can help me out instead of e going into this completely blind. Thanks for your time guys, I look forward to the reply's.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Hello and welcome sorry for the delay in a reply been working long hours.

What is your budget for a complete setup as this will make a difference on your end goal reef wise depending what equipment you have will depend what corals you have.

What fish are you also wanting as again this will depend on tank size and coral stock as some fish get very big and others won't care about turning your £150 coral into a tasty meal !!!

Have a look through this thread

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=123948

That is a great beginner thread with a lot of information in you will find helpful :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers