· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm certain it's no hastatus, but all corys are cool! - Slaphppy7   Good luck with your corys - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    I agree with Joe on the green neon tetras, very hardy and more colorful. I have a school of them.

Just one question = why, oh why, do you want Malasian Trumpet Snails???
    First I loooooooooove inverts, I even have a small aquarium crowded with pond snails (that aquarium is a complete trophic chain and needs only light and gas exchange with the environment). I would love to have apple snails but I have seen them growing huge sizes and it scares the crap out of me to think what they will do to my aquascape. Trumpet snail seems to be the perfect one in terms of size, its cute and also eats algae which is great. I know that it has a potential of becoming pests tho.
    Last edited by Skirmitch; 11-06-2016 at 04:17 AM. Reason: typoed pond as pod

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   For the nice vid ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on the 2nd spawn. - Silbar   A bit of good luck can't hurt during Irma. Stay safe as possible. - Taurus   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    Check out mystery snails Pomacea bridgesii a relatively small apple snail species and will do fine with live plants. Prefers actually the rotting plant material and left over fish food. I highly recommend supplementing it's diet with veggies though (squash,zucchini etc..) This will make sure it doesn't bother any of your plants.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Have a beer for 5,000 posts ;-) - steeler58   Closest thing I could find for a gold star. - Taurus   Gold Star for that one! - RiversGirl   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Mystery snails and assassin snails are cool.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Skirmitch! Welcome to the forum!

These guys and gals would love to see that tank of yours. You should definitely share that vid and show off that awesome scape

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Great stocking idea for the great tank size. Your fish maybe love it.
    Fish are my love. I stock my a 5 gallon aquarium with fresh shrimps and aquatic plants. I use a fish tank filter for the tank. I also use an aquarium LED light for growing aquarium plants.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

0 Not allowed!
    Living in Chile, how hard is it for you to get fish that is sourced from Lower Argentina, Uruguay, and Paraguay? A lot of these fish thrive in 50F-88F easily. You would not need a heater in the aquarium.

Here's a site with fish from that area:

http://www.aqvaterra.com/cichlids_other_fishes.php
    http://fish.mongabay.com/data/Uruguay.htm

Apistogramma borellii

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm certain it's no hastatus, but all corys are cool! - Slaphppy7   Good luck with your corys - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonJoe View Post
    Check out mystery snails Pomacea bridgesii a relatively small apple snail species and will do fine with live plants. Prefers actually the rotting plant material and left over fish food. I highly recommend supplementing it's diet with veggies though (squash,zucchini etc..) This will make sure it doesn't bother any of your plants.
    Gonna check them out for sure and about veggies to supplement diets, dont worry, I plan to do sinking zucchini for the otos and the shrimps as well. The only problem here in Chile would be to be 100% sure that the species they give to me are right and not a scam tho. Gonna watch videos thnks

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silbar View Post
    Mystery snails and assassin snails are cool.
    Checking assasin snails as well, thnks fot the info

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    Living in Chile, how hard is it for you to get fish that is sourced from Lower Argentina, Uruguay, and Paraguay? A lot of these fish thrive in 50F-88F easily. You would not need a heater in the aquarium.

Here's a site with fish from that area:

http://www.aqvaterra.com/cichlids_other_fishes.php
    http://fish.mongabay.com/data/Uruguay.htm

Apistogramma borellii

http://www.aqvaterra.com/imagenes/ci...borellii_1.jpg
    I THINK its nearly impossible since the only country that is allowed to export fish to Chile is the EEUU, the countries have to pass a very strict test to be able to qualify since its too damn easy to damage the fish we have here in Chile

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Hey Skirmitch! Welcome to the forum!

These guys and gals would love to see that tank of yours. You should definitely share that vid and show off that awesome scape
    Lol, I still think the video is horrible and that the tank is too empty to show it but here it goes, its only the hardscape, the plants there are only leftovers from a friend of mine:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwc...Q2VHdpVVE/view