· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Reneikii troubles

0 Not allowed!
    Is this plant slow-growing or what? I can't seem to grow it nicely. I'm still waiting for it to adjust to my tanks, but the lower leaves seem to decay so I keep trimming the rotten leaves AND the plant, but grows so slowly for me, with small leaves. Or in my 120g with low light, it grows more green. I wish they'd grow taller and get more light, but the let leaves keep dying.

I really want that stem in my 120g. I'm scared to mess with lighting though, there's a good balance with other plants and I don't want to deal with algae. I also like 5000k spectrum the best for the tank. I was hoping my 1w x 18 10k accent LED would penetrate deep enough (PAR) to grow the reneikii, but it doesn't appear to be enough.

I planted them in eco-complete. Should I use something else? Does this stem plant require a lot of substrate nutrient?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    The only tank I can get it to grow OK in is one of my dirted 33g tanks. It also has LED lighting, but it grows both the mini and regular version of the plant. Does anyone else find this plant to be finicky?
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Ok. I've decided I must have too much shading going on in my 120g. I'm going to try and move plants around so the reneikii gets more light. I noticed one tall stem that pokes out of the amazon sword leaves is growing nicely, but slowly. I really think they need more light than what I have given them.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Mine took a good while to get going...and they seem to do better with direct light
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, thanks Slap! Everytime I buy plants, they seem to transition to the water in my tanks. I think the stems are too short and are too shaded in that deep tank.
    -Kat