· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Ideas for a new 130L Tank!

0 Not allowed!
    Hey all!

I've had a few fishtanks in the past, but i finally went big! An aqua one, horizon 130L. I have an Eheim Classic canister (2213). Its a planted tank (with intentions to add more plants) with a 'rocky outcrop' on one side and a 'grassy field' on the other side, in about 3mm pebbles.

So far, i have 6 bronze corys, a three Ottocatfish.

Basically, i'm just trying to work out what fish to get! Their are so many options, and it's a bit overwhelming.

I was toying with the idea of a pair of peacock gudgeons, and either a pair of gouramis of blue rams.. The problem i have is finding reliable information. If anyone has any other ideas, i'd love to hear them! As well as some nice tetras for the mid-region.

Thank you!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Have a beer for 5,000 posts ;-) - steeler58   Closest thing I could find for a gold star. - Taurus   Gold Star for that one! - RiversGirl   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    The most important thing is to get as much info you can on the fish you like best. This will tell you if they are compatible to your water and each other. There is tons of fish info on this site. Check out some of the journal as they are loaded with info and pics. Also look at the fish article links at the far left of the site. Different types of fish are listed and it includes info on each of them.
    Www.seriouslyfish.com is also a great source of info.
    You have a lot of options to choose from.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for your comcern and healing thoughts - Silbar   I wish I could give you a hug. - Silbar   Thinking of you ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC! You've been given good advice above. She is right, there are several informative threads on this site.
    Pay close attention to those that have been made into a 'sticky', particularly in the Beginner Freshwater/ Cycling section.

Please do bring any questions that you have over here. Ask for clarifications on any aspect you don't understand. This site has numerous helpful members. I'm looking forward to seeing you around.