· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

Default The Garage Invasion.

6 Not allowed!
    Hey guys and girls,
    The big day has finally arrived. Started work on my shed modification.
    My poor boat has now lost some space and been forced to one side of the shed. But thats it's problem. MTS is more important.
    So to fill you in I use to have a 100g 83g 50g 50g cub 30g 32g 15g plus many more.
    Now all that I have left is the 100g 83g [which has it's own journal.] 50g 50g cub and the 32g. So the plan is to start one normal planted tank, two some breeding tanks and lastly keep one tank for last to try a reef tank.
    At this stage the main stand i will be using is what years ago use to house the 83g and 100g. The tank has been designed and engineered to with stand around 10 ton of weight according to the engineer plan.
    garage 2.jpg

So what is happening is the 100g will be in the lower level with I hope 3-4 10-15g breeding tanks on the top, including the Badis Badis tank at this stage. Though that may end up staying in the house possibly.
    As for the 100g who know what on earth I shall set it up for. There really is a ton of options as for what to keep!
    The 50g cube I am thinking some sort of bio type South american possibly angles. The next 50g I am thinking of setting it up last for a reef tank, although very unsure at this stage.
    The 32g which is left I am hoping will be either chucked of I am not worried given away to make room for at least 3-5 more smaller breeding tanks.

garage 1.jpggarage 3.jpg
    gargae 4.jpg

What I am doing in the shed to help insulate it is use some of the thick building polythene plastic. Used it a ton in hoarding and some times of I have used it in stoping hot and cold transferring a freezing works. Worked well for that so same system here. Polythene roof, heading back to the top of the wall. Down to a bottom plate on the ground. For the front I am thinking of a double curtain. For about half the year I can not really stress. But once winter kicks in na snow and cold just isn't not my plan for cheap power bills. So I hope this works well.

So feel free to pile me with questions options and ideas.

mac

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Going to be a nice setup!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to the holidays! - Slaphppy7   Happy holidays! - rebecca_finny   Merry Christmas (Santa Loves Pie) ;-) - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Good to see you here again... - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I love when outside becomes an option ��

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats it's finally happening! : I like all the pictures so we can get a feel for what it looks like

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

4 Not allowed!
    Tons more to follow. When finish work tomorrow I will grab another 8 square meters of the polythene to finish the heat barrier. Then I can start fully planning. Sorting wiring out. Paining parts of the tanks black depending. Drawing up ideas list's ect. And on and on it goes.
    Had a quick catch up with the main LFS in my district and man reef fish are about average $100.00 Not bad at all. But to get live coral next to impossible. Unless i am happy to say import $6,000 worth my self. Yeah ah nah.

Also was looking at a nice bunch of canister filter. Both Fluval and Eheim.
    The main one that caught my eye was the Eheim professional 4+. Appart from the $900 price.

Will hope to post some more pics in the next three days of some new work done.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Will hope to post some more pics in the next three days of some new work done.
    Looking forward to it. Your fish room is going to be fabulous!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    Hey slappy,

No the floor made it through the ordeal. But still drying and yet to get inspected by insurance.

The tank was shifted to the shed safe sounds and well.
    All fish made it alive and safe. The discus actually prefers the shed. A lot less moment than the house he is about 20 times more open confident and active now.

Hopefully in the next few weeks things will be on track again. Main thing I am wanting is to get my main TV back in the lounge called a tank. So the cub tank is next up.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Update time. House wise nothing has changed still not actually able to move in. Waiting for new carpets pain skirting ect. So we are semi squatting in our own house till we can move back in.
    As for the the new tank in the house i have decided that I will upgrade and do a decent size tank. The new space i have to fill is 1400mm [sorry I am good at gallons miles but crap at inches.] so I was thinking a tank 1400mm 65mm 50mm which works out to be about 120g tank. With a decent length to it. New stand that will be very easy to build. This time though I will being doing it so that I do not need to hop on a chain to get into it this time. Most of the tanks I have are about 1500mm to the top of the tank. Which is great stops the kids from bothering the fish most of the time. But a pain to work on set up ect. What is every ones thoughts recommendations?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Sitting down time. Coffee and laptop google and fish vids pics and research time.
    I have not long gotten bak from town. Did a bit of birth day shopping for my wife birthday. And also purchased a small gift for my self. A 50c note book to jot down all my tank plans and ideas.
    It has gotten to the point now that my brain can't take any more. How many people on hear have to do the same thing??

Now that its getting drawn up on paper at some point when ideas a formalised i shall post up photos of the penmanship and proof of my ideas. Well more to show of my rubbish hand writing and terrible spelling.

Anyway I have got a date we move in now. wensday next week. So 4 days to go and I can be back to normal. More so since work is quiet i have gotten some time of to move back in. Which means fish room back and stuff out of the shed. Hmmm thinking maybe get rid of boat?? More tank space???
    So not only will i be able to help shift in to the house. Insurance is paying for the furniture to be moved back in. Plus mum is here to help my wife and i fix it all up again.
    Up side now soon to have new kitchen and bathroom as well once we have moved in. Stage two of the repairs will kick in.

Which brings me back on topic.
    Tanks are
    1.100g [planning Tanganyika tank]
    2.83g. [Please read other journal for this one]
    3.50g. [possibly Cool water Loach and white cloud hill stream tank.]
    4.30g. [unsure. Maybe a shell dweller tank with say some Julies]
    5.5 times 15g. [One of these is the Badis Badis tank. I am currently trying to get approval for female badis from a breeder, fingers crossed.] Rest for Aristo's and other types.
    6. Being built 130/140g tank for the house. [This is asian theme. Mostly Thread fin rainbows and many other types of peaceful asian community fish.]
    7. In planning stage reef tank unknown size. [Had tons of good news recently about coral supply and fish supply in nz.]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

0 Not allowed!
    More tank space is good!

Spread sheets, books of tank schematic drawings, calendars of param readings, etc. Slap imagines my living room like a super-villain lair I suspect, where I'm plotting world domination via fish. I've got about a dozen in various stages of planning/building/stocking...

Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast