· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    single discus is going to depend on his or her personality - if they are confident and a bruiser they will be a great fish. otherwise they can go to the background and wither away.

For a discus tank you want large groups - they are actually a schooling fish. For success I would go read Judy's thread she did. I guided her through a bunch of stuff along with a lot of others on here and shes still succeeding today. I offered to pay for the fish and shipping to me if she ever got out of it :-)
    So far its been just over 8 days for the Disucs on it's own. The last three days he has been a lot more active. Going around the for ground of the tank. Its a bit timid at first when the lights come on. He retires for a few min then comes back to the front of the tank to plod along. His color is very vibrant still. And he is starting to chase food around now.
    So far so good. But it won't stay this way. Today I am going to get sand and the last remaining bits for the 100g. Once that is up and running I will take my time to get it ready for a larger group.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep friend :) - Compass   Merry Christmas! - rebecca_finny   Thanks for the rep! - AmazonJoe   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   

1 Not allowed!
    Nice start Mac. I'm looking forward to following along with your progress.
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of activity on the forum.
    Our house got flooded, while we were away. More or less mum placed a load of washing on, and did not tell me when we went away for a trip. 9hr latter house had 4in of water all over the floors.
    And a chip board floor which makes it worse.

Anyway had to take the 83g out of the house while everyone dose there work on the house. At the same time we had to move out of the house as well. So not a real good few weeks.
    Now that the big tank is out of the house it now has changes some of my plans a tad in the shed idea. But that isn't a issue. Once the house is rebuild I will shift in my 50g cub for some sort of Asain theme in the next couple of weeks and start again.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Oh my, sorry to hear about this, what a mess...and hassle...and headache

The tank and fish survived?...that kind of floor could have totally gave way (did it?)
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    Hey slappy,

No the floor made it through the ordeal. But still drying and yet to get inspected by insurance.

The tank was shifted to the shed safe sounds and well.
    All fish made it alive and safe. The discus actually prefers the shed. A lot less moment than the house he is about 20 times more open confident and active now.

Hopefully in the next few weeks things will be on track again. Main thing I am wanting is to get my main TV back in the lounge called a tank. So the cub tank is next up.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Update time. House wise nothing has changed still not actually able to move in. Waiting for new carpets pain skirting ect. So we are semi squatting in our own house till we can move back in.
    As for the the new tank in the house i have decided that I will upgrade and do a decent size tank. The new space i have to fill is 1400mm [sorry I am good at gallons miles but crap at inches.] so I was thinking a tank 1400mm 65mm 50mm which works out to be about 120g tank. With a decent length to it. New stand that will be very easy to build. This time though I will being doing it so that I do not need to hop on a chain to get into it this time. Most of the tanks I have are about 1500mm to the top of the tank. Which is great stops the kids from bothering the fish most of the time. But a pain to work on set up ect. What is every ones thoughts recommendations?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Sitting down time. Coffee and laptop google and fish vids pics and research time.
    I have not long gotten bak from town. Did a bit of birth day shopping for my wife birthday. And also purchased a small gift for my self. A 50c note book to jot down all my tank plans and ideas.
    It has gotten to the point now that my brain can't take any more. How many people on hear have to do the same thing??

Now that its getting drawn up on paper at some point when ideas a formalised i shall post up photos of the penmanship and proof of my ideas. Well more to show of my rubbish hand writing and terrible spelling.

Anyway I have got a date we move in now. wensday next week. So 4 days to go and I can be back to normal. More so since work is quiet i have gotten some time of to move back in. Which means fish room back and stuff out of the shed. Hmmm thinking maybe get rid of boat?? More tank space???
    So not only will i be able to help shift in to the house. Insurance is paying for the furniture to be moved back in. Plus mum is here to help my wife and i fix it all up again.
    Up side now soon to have new kitchen and bathroom as well once we have moved in. Stage two of the repairs will kick in.

Which brings me back on topic.
    Tanks are
    1.100g [planning Tanganyika tank]
    2.83g. [Please read other journal for this one]
    3.50g. [possibly Cool water Loach and white cloud hill stream tank.]
    4.30g. [unsure. Maybe a shell dweller tank with say some Julies]
    5.5 times 15g. [One of these is the Badis Badis tank. I am currently trying to get approval for female badis from a breeder, fingers crossed.] Rest for Aristo's and other types.
    6. Being built 130/140g tank for the house. [This is asian theme. Mostly Thread fin rainbows and many other types of peaceful asian community fish.]
    7. In planning stage reef tank unknown size. [Had tons of good news recently about coral supply and fish supply in nz.]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

0 Not allowed!
    More tank space is good!

Spread sheets, books of tank schematic drawings, calendars of param readings, etc. Slap imagines my living room like a super-villain lair I suspect, where I'm plotting world domination via fish. I've got about a dozen in various stages of planning/building/stocking...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Lol yes now we are talking. Actually was thinking about it last night remove the boat. That way i can have a nice seating area and at the same time a work bench for normal and also a complete fish room. Wonder how this will pan out.

Hang on time to grab my paper and pen and plot the whole invasion up.

Lucky though my wife likes and enjoys the fish. Big big big bonouse.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

0 Not allowed!
    My other half is at least indifferent to the fish, and accepts them on the grounds that they're cheaper than therapy.

Would convert the garage for more tanks if I could, but we actually need our garage. So I've settled for having tanks in pretty much every room but the kitchen & the bedroom where the cats sleep. It would be awesome if I could replace a wall in my sunroom with an aquarium, but there are all sorts of inconvenient issues with that...

Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast