· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - BluewaterBoof   Thanks for the rep!  This is going to be fun! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the "gpld star". - Silbar   Thanks for the rep!  DIE, BBA! - WhistlingBadger   

0 Not allowed!
    Never been a fan of either really, why?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    It's rather simple, glofish, whether they are danios or tiger barbs, do not appeal to me.
    Danios and barbs, whether they are glofish or not, do not appeal to me

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   For the nice vid ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on the 2nd spawn. - Silbar   A bit of good luck can't hurt during Irma. Stay safe as possible. - Taurus   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    I was wondering if it was the danios and barbs or the modification you didn't like I never been a fan of danios or barbs myself lol

Although there Tetras are very nice looking and vibrant. I would like to put a tank together with all of the different colors. I think it would look visually stunning under proper conditions.
    Last edited by AmazonJoe; 09-27-2016 at 07:43 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - BluewaterBoof   Thanks for the rep!  This is going to be fun! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the "gpld star". - Silbar   Thanks for the rep!  DIE, BBA! - WhistlingBadger   

1 Not allowed!
    I certainly don't like the modification Joe, but to each their own.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Is it just the color that bothers you, or is your distaste based on an ethical standpoint?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   For the nice vid ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on the 2nd spawn. - Silbar   A bit of good luck can't hurt during Irma. Stay safe as possible. - Taurus   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Yes to each there own.

This tank is 250g with around 200fish
    Although they only had white lights under the bluelight they actually glo flourcents on the back and other areas.
    So at night you would only see these areas not necessarily the whole fish.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...02687863074928
    Last edited by AmazonJoe; 09-27-2016 at 07:57 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    That's an impressive stocking. I bet if the owner tried plugging all that into AqAdvisor they'd crash the website haha

I'm curious as to what kind of maintenance schedule they have on that tank. That's a huge bio load. I would think you'd be constantly the water to keep nitrates down.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    They actually had a automatic drain and fill system and I'll have to ask again about filtration can't remember.

But 250 gallons is still a big volume so with a good water change schedule you'll be fine and with a auto system it's easy as flip of a switch and a valve or two.

I'll ask how often/how much WC they did
    Last edited by AmazonJoe; 09-27-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Is it just the color that bothers you, or is your distaste based on an ethical standpoint?
    I think it's mostly the colors that don't appeal to me Boof. But I'll also admit not really liking the modifications that german rams, for example, have been through. Maybe I shouldn't equate one modification to the other but I do.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It is certainly a novelty any color variant to me is not something I would seek to keep in an aquarium per say. Because my draw to fish has always been because of nature. With that said a lot of the colors like in the natural ram for example is amazing and complex that it doesn't need any modification