· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default White digestive tract in shrimp?

0 Not allowed!
    What does this look like?

I'll give more details later. I wrote a long post, added attachments and my text dissapeared.

Of anyone can identify what this issue is, it would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear your shrimp are dying, I can't really see anything in the photos.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    I can't tell from the pics, either.

Are they in a tank where ferts are used?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Easter and thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thank you for the Endlers!!! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   We miss you, Deb. - WhistlingBadger   

3 Not allowed!
    I'm so sorry, it seems right now like the horror won't end, but it will someday. I can't tell anything from the photos either but, what is that white translucent thing in the tank?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

3 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry that this is happening with your shrimp. I would like to know what is the large fuzzy mass that is in the background? It looks like batting to me. Could this be something that the shrimp might be injesting bits of and it is causing the problem?
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Haha Sil, yes it is batting. I wonder. They clean it. It WAS dirty filter floss from another tank a long time ago, now there's moss growing on it to make a ghetto cave.

So, my 5g tank crashed completely. All my little fry cories were dead when I got back from a 5-day vacation and somehow the little trooper shrimp were still alive!

It took 3 days to get that tank clear again. It was awful. When I could see in the tank, I noticed this white skeleton/inner tract on some of the shrimp in the tank. I have just started a project, trying to acheive blue-bodied red rilis, so the original shrimp in the tank were (poor quality) blue velvet with red rili genes. I added 3 shrimp to start the project, all I had with these genes, two males and a female. The female had 3 clutches of shrimplets. Some first clutch shrimplets have the white inner bodies, mom and dad, and the other male, I found dead, although idk how old he was.

I have visited an LFS for advice, and this is what I got:

Never saw anything like that before. Feed them shrimp pellets. The iodine in them helps to replenish colour....and he used some ananomy word I'm not even familiar with, but some hormone or something that keeps colour?

Another representative told me to keep my TDS at 50. My TDS is just over 100 in all my tanks (100-120/11 tanks). My pH is just over neutral for the acidic water loving fish I keep and like to breed. 50 TDS seemed very low to me.

I'm adding equilibrium to replenish minerals (mainly GH) to my soft water. I also might add some cuttlebone, since of course, they asked me all these questions.

I did another 40% WC last night and will continue with WCs 3 x weekly. I added a bit of Equilibrium last night, so we'll see if they improve. If they don't die and heal, I'll be so happy!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DebinWhitmore View Post
    I'm so sorry, it seems right now like the horror won't end, but it will someday. I can't tell anything from the photos either but, what is that white translucent thing in the tank?
    Yes. This had been a nightmare, thanks for the sympathy. The translucent thing is a marble. It was holding down roots from another tank foe the cories and shrimp to eat of of. Lol, just never removed it. Yes, this is not a show tank lol!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I can't tell from the pics, either.

Are they in a tank where ferts are used?
    Actually yes. But not before this whole ordeal started and I just added a very very small amount of Comprehensive. But....I'm not using them anymore if they are that detrimental!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Btw, I should rename this thread. I don't see very many dead bodies in this 5g. Just one.

Should be: White inner body/digestive tract?
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    In the last pic, there are three 1st generation shrimplets. A bluer one on the food, one with the white inner body behind the food and a normal-looking one to the right of the food.

I was feeding them BIOMAX Specific formula for Ornamental Shrimp at the time, but I mix the foods up. Is there a food I should avoid feeding? I know foods with copper are a no-no, like NLS crustaceans formula. I feed once or twice weekly. Should I adjust that?

I'm also thinking about adding a thin sand substrate, not sure.

ANY advice, comments or questions appreciated.
    I'm not a shrimp pro! Just kept them for years with no problems. I was ignorant to the fact that shrimp even get sick and can carry parasites. So I don't mind if we start from a beginner's point of view!
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 09-09-2016 at 04:24 PM.
    -Kat