· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I'll check. My gh from the tap is only 4. Kh is only 2. I imagine the kh is consumed and gh stays at 3 or 4 unless I supplement minerals. Man, I should check Equilibrium for copper before I start using it!

The pH was still 7 after my 40% WC late last night
    Add a piece of cuttlebone to the tank
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Btw, the shrimp are pooping. Just white poop.
    Eeew...lol

http://www.hanaquatics.com/lowkeys-foods-sample-pack/

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Cool tx Slap. I'll try to find the same things on amazon.ca or somewhere! I've heard some great things about them, mostly disease prevention-right?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Yes, anti-fungal properties among others...plus, the biofilm that will grow on them is very nutritious for shrimp to eat

Sorry, keep forgetting you are up in the Great White Way

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Yeah. Makes me think parasite, it's so confusing, I have another issue in the two other shrimp tanks after adding some cheap blue diamond shrimp from another chain LFS. The shrimp in the other tanks are dying-FAST. But for no apparent reason. They looked fine, excellent btw, then drop dead. Even the 5.5g in the bedroom that was never overfed only has a few shrimp left :(

I'm not that versed in shrimp to know what to feed them at what times, but those food packs is what you use?
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 09-09-2016 at 05:03 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Add a piece of cuttlebone to the tank
    Missed this. Ok, will do :) I have some in storage.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Actually, I don't feed my shrimp much at all, they scavenge algae and other stuff mainly...they get veggies at least once a week... they eat fish food that hits the bottom..I bought that sample pack to give them some variety, it will last a very long time

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Ok tx. I think overfeeding causes issues too, which would be a direct outcome from the whole overfeeding ordeal nearly a month ago!

I feel so terrible. At least they are acting normal and still alive. My poor shrimps :(
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Next time you are away, no need to feed them...it wasn't your fault, lesson learned.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Adding the cuttlebone!!

3 Not allowed!
    THIS happened

OMG! I don't know what to think?
    Did I do something wrong adding it? I didn't pre-soak
    Is it too much?

The shrimp all rushed to it as it floated and bits of it feel into the water and seemed to dissolve. I hope I'm not shocking!

Well, they seem to love it and I'm ashamed, but happy and hopeful that this could be my problem all along. I let the minerals get too low. I'm also adding a bit of Equilibrium each day (little by little) along with 40% water changes 3 x week.

Whether I added it correctly or not, thanks Slap, I needed the push to add that specifically!

But comments from anyone is appreciated, of course :)
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 09-11-2016 at 02:44 AM.
    -Kat