· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   No Message - Indian Woods Angels   You need a Tanganyikan Cichlid - jeffs99dime   Now you have 4 firemouths! - seb's fish   Arapaima and whale shark in 20G made me LOL! - ddavis1979   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Northerly   Autism - Northerly   

0 Not allowed!
    I think I'm narrowing down the species list.

I like badis ferrarisi

And does anyone know anything about this fish? It says badis jurgenschmidti but I can't find much on that in a Google search..

EDIT:
    This is the website the picture came from... after translating it from French (which sounds a lot cooler when I don't mention that I used Google translate) it seems like it's newly identified or just otherwise not well known.

https://www.aquaportail.com/fiche-po...nschmidti.html

And this kinda backs that up

http://www.fishbase.org/summary/65866

Anyways, anyone ever kept either type??

Last edited by Northerly; 09-13-2016 at 03:35 PM.
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   No Message - Indian Woods Angels   You need a Tanganyikan Cichlid - jeffs99dime   Now you have 4 firemouths! - seb's fish   Arapaima and whale shark in 20G made me LOL! - ddavis1979   

2 Not allowed!

Acquisition number one! $40 from petsmart! Gonna try to find a second hand stand and ilk be ordering lids from drsfostersmith while I research filtration.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    What size is it?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    40 breeder

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    That's what I thought, nice size

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah im pretty excited. Spent all of last week out of town for work, and going back out again tomorrow but I'm excited to track down some equipment when I get the chance.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Here's how I built my 40B stand, 2 x 4's and 2 x 6's

base.JPG

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Hmm maybe I could borrow a friend's garage and do some building!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles with your dogs.  Best wishes hoping your other dog fully recovers. - angelcraze2   I'm sorry for your loss of Maggie - Silbar   No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    You won't be able to get the glass top for this tank from Foster & Smith. The one they have for the 40B assumes there is a center brace, which the Aqueon tanks do not have. I would ask Petsmart or Petco if they have one (might be in the back) or if they would order one for you. They are sometimes hard to find for the 40B tanks. But you do want the Versa top, not the Marineland top.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    But you do want the Versa top, not the Marineland top.
    Precisely, I always defer to Sue for glass lid compatibility questions.

I bought the wrong glass lid for my 40B, just like she described....they are kind of hard to find for that size tank, for some reason

Another alternative is to buy the hinge and back plastic trim separately, and have a glass shop cut you two pieces of glass

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast