· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles with your dogs.  Best wishes hoping your other dog fully recovers. - angelcraze2   I'm sorry for your loss of Maggie - Silbar   No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    I also have a 40B and love the footprint. I came close to doing a 20g shellie tank but after researching, the ease with which they breed steered me away. There is someone on here who had this problem - what to do with all the offspring. Can't really remember who that was. But I still think shellies would be a great tank for something different.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   No Message - Indian Woods Angels   You need a Tanganyikan Cichlid - jeffs99dime   Now you have 4 firemouths! - seb's fish   Arapaima and whale shark in 20G made me LOL! - ddavis1979   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Northerly   Autism - Northerly   

2 Not allowed!
    Yes that's the exact same thought I've had about the shellies. I think I'd be better suited with another type of tank, as much as I'd love to start breeding again! I'll have to hit up a few LFS and see some tanks in person in order to find some inspiration.

Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerly View Post
    Yes that's the exact same thought I've had about the shellies. I think I'd be better suited with another type of tank, as much as I'd love to start breeding again! I'll have to hit up a few LFS and see some tanks in person in order to find some inspiration.

Hey man welcome back,
    Dwarf Cichlids from south america. Also how about Badis Badis? They work nice in smaller tanks fish tanks well planted. Simple easy fish to keep yet very interesting and rewarding, plus enough male territory to make them a challenge to research and stock nicely. Not to difficult to find tank mates for either.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   No Message - Indian Woods Angels   You need a Tanganyikan Cichlid - jeffs99dime   Now you have 4 firemouths! - seb's fish   Arapaima and whale shark in 20G made me LOL! - ddavis1979   

0 Not allowed!
    At a first glance (quick google search) those seem pretty interesting! I'll give them a good read after work.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!

😃 this would be awesome. This is a scarlet badi tank I found.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Only thing I don't like is the fact that it is lid-free
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for your comcern and healing thoughts - Silbar   I wish I could give you a hug. - Silbar   Thinking of you ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome back to the Forum!
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide to go with.

I will add, I love the size and footprint of those 40g breeders!
    I really enjoy the footprint of mine, as well. Scaping it was quite fun with the nice width, and I particularly like that it isn't too tall. The bottom back can be reached when necessary, and that comes in handy.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone know of an online store that sells 40 breeder stands?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone know of an online store that sells 40 breeder stands?

Actually, I think I can fit it on a 50-65g stand. In that case, petsmart has a 40gb setup for just under 200. Probably right at 250 with lids...

Does anyone have any preference as far as filtration goes for a 40gb? I'd probably go with a 2-400gph canister or a couple fluval 110s.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    I have an AquaClear 70 and an Eheim 2215 on my 40B, and it's worked out well
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast