· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taurus Aquarium

Hybrid View

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

Default Taurus Aquarium

8 Not allowed!
    This is a quick video of my 30 gallon tank and the fish that I keep. Filtration is by two AC30s, heat by a Eheim Jager 100w and lighting by a Current USA Satellite Plus LED fixture.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Cool!...been a long time since we've seen your tank, it's awesome, Larry!

So, pearl gourami, honey gourami, rummys, harleys, and cardinals?

Give us a rundown of your stocking...man, you are making me want to add another pearl to the 29G...or maybe a couple in the 40B...or both...love those guys
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

4 Not allowed!
    Two pearl gourami, a thick-lipped sunset gourami, couple of black neons, 5 rummy nose tetra, one neon and I'm down to just a Harlequin Rasbora. I really enjoy the gourami Matt. The small pearl is a juvy...a bit to young to accurately sex yet, but I'm guessing it's a female. The tetra and rasbora started out as shoals of 10 each but have dwindled down by random single deaths. Same with the rummies. It's nothing that I'm doing wrong and like I've mentioned to you I just have not had good luck with the smaller fish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

4 Not allowed!
    So peaceful! You've a beautiful tank.
    (It sure took you long enough to show us!)

hahaha
    I'm excitedly subscribed

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    (It sure took you long enough to show us!)
    LOL RG, yeah I've had random pictures of my tanks up off and on over the years but I've never really taken the time to keep up a journal. Recently I've found myself with a bit more time though so I thought I'd give it another go. Thank you for your kind comments.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    I'm happy to be able to see your tank. This is the first time I have.

It this tank one of the elusive 30 breeders? (Oh how I'd love to get my hands on one of those. My husband says no more tanks, though.)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    It's a standard 30 gallon tank RG. It took me a long time to find a standard 30 gallon tank, I went from a 29 to a 30 and the extra 6 inches in length made a huge difference.

Thank you Deb. I'm not much of an aquascaper but the bamboo over hang makes the gourami much more comfortable.
    Last edited by Taurus; 09-04-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I have one stem of this artificial bamboo, also. (not currently in a tank -- the rummies loved it, but I got tired of plucking moss strands from it.) How many pieces do you have to create this effect in your tank? It looks really nice and natural.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Easter and thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thank you for the Endlers!!! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   We miss you, Deb. - WhistlingBadger   

2 Not allowed!
    Congratulations on the journal! Great start with the video of your very lovely tank. Your Gourami's and Harley's looks very nice and colorful. I'm sure they appreciate the overhead cover you provided for them. Your tank looks great!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    This is a quick video of my 30 gallon tank and the fish that I keep. Filtration is by two AC30s, heat by a Eheim Jager 100w and lighting by a Current USA Satellite Plus LED fixture.

Hmmmm....I don't believe I've ever seen this tank. Beautiful pearls, Larry. I really miss mine...

In fact, this reminds me a bit of my first tank (29g). It had a pearl and harlequins, and a decent amount of neons (not cardinals but almost the same).

Anyway, that's a lovely setup you got going on! Care to provide an updated photo/vid of the tank?