· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the AC! - Slaphppy7   

Cool Community Angel Fish questions

0 Not allowed!
    Quick rundown. I have a 55 gallon standard aquarium (pics coming later today after work). Right now it is empty and I will be using filter media from another tank to cycle it. I want to do an angel fish community tank. By that i mean a couple angel fish, 10 tetras of my choice, not sure yet suggestions would be great, and 8 cories. If anyone has advice or stocking suggestions that would be awesome. Thank You.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I have a single angel with rummy nose tetras and sterbai cories. Many cories like things a little cooler than the angelfish does, but sterbai can take the heat.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    How high is your temp. I figure ill keep mine around 78-80

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I keep mine at 80F

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Alright, so in your opinion how does, 2 angels, 10 tetras, 8 cories and a ram cichlid probably bolivian, sound?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    If the angels don't pair up, the ram might be fine. All 3 are cichlids, and you never know when you get a really territorial one.

Corydoras aenus (bronze and albino version) can thrive in temperatures at 83F for a few months.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    I have a 120g South American community tank with angelfish, rams and tetras. I have yet to add cories, so I like your stocking ideas personally. On the topic of breeding angelfish, in a 55g, you may be able to keep a pair with a ram and a school of tetras, it really depends on how aggressive the angelfish get. In a tank with lots of hiding spots and territory divisions, I feel it could be done. My rams like to swim amongst the mid-sized tetras. I never see any negative interaction between the angelfish and rams at all. But cichlids have a lot of personality, and you never know if you're getting a 'nasty' one. Angelfish and rams are the more docile cichlids types although.

I keep my temp at 78f in the winter and 80f in the summer months. Angelfish can be kept in temperatures as low as 75f, it will increase their longevity, but lessen their immune system.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I have a 120g South American community tank with angelfish, rams and tetras. I have yet to add cories, so I like your stocking ideas personally. On the topic of breeding angelfish, in a 55g, you may be able to keep a pair with a ram and a school of tetras, it really depends on how aggressive the angelfish get. In a tank with lots of hiding spots and territory divisions, I feel it could be done. My rams like to swim amongst the mid-sized tetras. I never see any negative interaction between the angelfish and rams at all. But cichlids have a lot of personality, and you never know if you're getting a 'nasty' one. Angelfish and rams are the more docile cichlids types although.

I keep my temp at 78f in the winter and 80f in the summer months. Angelfish can be kept in temperatures as low as 75f, it will increase their longevity, but lessen their immune system.
    Sounds good to me! What kind of tetras would you personally recommend.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Went out and got 6 red eye tetras. I will be getting a few more soon.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Hey, sorry I missed your question. Congrats on the new fish. I have no experience with red-eye tetas, but I love all tetras. Good luck with them! Your tank is cycled already?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat