· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the AC! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Try flakes for the tetras, sinking foods for the corys
    I do that. I have got almost all the fish eating out of my fingers now. I make sure that everyone gets their fill.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Oh great! Nice angelfish! Congrats! He/she looks like a gold marble. And congrats on the bolivian ram! I'm glad they are getting along.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 11-17-2016 at 06:14 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the AC! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Oh great! Nice angelfish! Congrats! He/she looks like a gold marble. And congrats on the bolivian ram! I'm glad they are getting along.
    Thank you thank you. Yes I need to take an updated picture. His fin is getting better every day.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I missed all your earlier posts, and I noticed the squared off dorsal fin on the angel right away. I've been keeping and unintentionally breeding angelfish for like a decade, and I was going to say it will probably grow back into a point.

Some breeders actually snip the dorsal fin if for some reason it grows in crooked or irregular. This could be caused in a cramped grow out tank, or if they were the victim of an aggressive siblings' wrath. If the deformity is not genetic, then the fins usually grow back in no time, nice and straight.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

sending good luck to you and your fish - Silbar   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Sorry you lost your angel.  You did all the right things.  Give yourself some credit and carry on! - angelcraze2   Congratulations and welcome home to your baby! - RiversGirl   so sorry to hear about your discus. I hope you can figure it out. - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Matt, unfortunately the Python's valve is for the removal of water. It isn't made to withstand the pressure of the faucet when putting water back into the tank, unless it is seconds away. Sis just busted the valve doing that with the upstairs tanks and the 25 foot python. Guess who had to buy a new one...hint it wasn't her.

My python for the 75 is so long that I siphon all of the water out of it after emptying the tank 80%, then I fix the temperature while it is on the out setting. Once I have it right I turn it to fill and run like mad to beat the siphon and make sure its not going to fall out the tank cause the cat is jumping for it. Mostly the cat is running with me and trying to trip me in her excitement over the shared "game".
    This is so true! Ha ha ha....my last WC I had it in fill position, closed the valve and proceeded to walk to the tank to fill. Unfortunately, I didn't make it out of the bathroom in time before the connection broke and water went everywhere!! My Python is 50'

And as you said, I do the same from now on. Although, I leave it in drain position until I get the tube back in the tank, then run back to turn it to "fill" and run back to check it....all the while my cat is running with me trying to trip me (same as yours). Too funny!

But as Slap mentioned, I would not do a WC without one ;)
    Last edited by fishlove; 01-30-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    65g neons, black neons, serpae tetras, harlequins, zebra danios, cory cats, yo yo loaches, nerite snails, vampire shrimp

125g cory cats, nerite snails, flower shrimp, white clouds, yo yo loaches, angelfish, discus, pleco

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah those darn kitties think we're playing...until they get water all over themselves. Bad
    Last edited by Boundava; 01-30-2017 at 05:48 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore