· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

Default 30 Gallons of the Pacific

1 Not allowed!
    I've tentatively decided that I'm going to upgrade my 10 gallon to a 30 gallon long. It probably won't be until the end of this month before the tank is started. But, I plan to build the stand and gather equipment in the coming weeks.

Equipment:
    30 gallon long aquarium
    - Current USA Orbit Marine LED 36"-48"
    - Koralia K1 (400gph)
    - Koralia Nano (425gph)
    10 gallon sump
    - Mag Drive 3 (200gph-300gph depending on plumbing and stand height)
    - WavePoint 6 inch (8W) LED fuge light
    - Tunze 9004/Hydor Skimmer (65 gal)/Aqua C Urchin (depending on which I can get the best deal on when I go to buy)

Stock:
    Ocellaris Clownfish - 2
    Lawnmower Blenny - 1
    Orange stripe or yellow watchman Goby - 1
    Pistol shrimp - 1
    Peppermint shrimp - 1
    Hermits - 3
    Turbo snail - 1
    Nassarius snail - 3
    Cerith snail - 3
    Astrea snail - 3
    Tiger conch - 1
    Blue/green Chromis - 3 or 5 (maybe, but probably because of sump and skimmer)
    Bubble Tip Anemone - 1 (if the clowns don't want to host any coral)

Coral:
    Ricordea mushrooms
    Zoanthids
    Green star polyps
    Xenia
    Acans
    Frogspawn/Hammer/Torch (whichever is cheapest)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Another SW tank setup to follow! I'm subscribed.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the new salties - Slaphppy7   Have a clownfish! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   A bit of good luck to get you through Irma. - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Looks good, maybe up the hermits a little and add another turbo.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    That's so exciting!! Upgrading to a 30G will give you so many more options in the future. Good luck and I will be following along.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    Decided to kill some time and model out the frame of the stand.

I also put some thought into the plumbing and what not; made sure I understood everything I needed.

2dw7pjs.jpg

20tlagz.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds fun! I'm jealous haha

What 3D rendering software are you using? Just curious as I've been using Blender for years as a hobby.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Sounds fun! I'm jealous haha

What 3D rendering software are you using? Just curious as I've been using Blender for years as a hobby.
    That was done with Solidworks. Not a huge fan of Solidworks but I have it for free, so not complaining. NX is my favorite I've used.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the new salties - Slaphppy7   Have a clownfish! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   A bit of good luck to get you through Irma. - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Have you tried sketchups I have worked with it some, looks about the same.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    For free Sketchup is great. It's just nice to have the engineering tools that Solidworks offers.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwfish13 View Post
    Have you tried sketchups I have worked with it some, looks about the same.

No I only use Blender. From what I've heard, Sketchups is geared more towards architectural tasks. I like playing with the free form modeling and simulations of Blender. It had a huge learning curve, and I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of time learning new software haha I tried learning Photoshop so that I could start working on my own textures and I was just kind of lost. After that, I swore I'd only work in Blender, which I'm still constantly trying to learn new things.