· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the new salties - Slaphppy7   Have a clownfish! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   A bit of good luck to get you through Irma. - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Lol I hear ya on photo shop, I have fiddled with it but that's about it

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    Snagged a gently used Tunze 9004 for a decent price on eBay last night. Finally breathed some life back into this build.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the new salties - Slaphppy7   Have a clownfish! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   A bit of good luck to get you through Irma. - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

1 Not allowed!
    Decided to make a little more progress on this. My other hobbies came to a close for the year. Currently waiting on the light to show up. Went with the 36"-48" Current Orbit Marine LED. I hope to make the stand sometime in the next week or two. The plan is to have this tank set up before the year is over.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Inherited a Mag Drive 12! We used to have a solar water heater, and it was using the pump to get water from the basement through the system outside. We just recently disassembled the holding tank that held the pump, so now it's mine to use. Won't need a second powerhead and now there's gonna be some serious flow. Turnover rate will be about 35x for the whole tank and sump.

IMG_20161123_194149414.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

1 Not allowed!
    On the wooden stand, may I suggest building a sturdy center support piece into it rather than leaving it open in the center, and then build a solid top onto it. I don't trust those open-topped stands where the edges of the tank are resting (precariously, in my opinion) on only the outer rim with nothing in the middle.

When I purchased the stand for my 65-gallon freshwater, it came open like that, and I had my BIL build in a strong center support, and then close it off with a thick and sturdy top piece and finish it with a piece of laminate. I just think it's safer that way. There's no way my tank can fall through an open top. The extra piece in the center helps support the weight of the filled tank in the middle, so it can't bow downward and break. For me, that center support is added insurance.

This might just be little more than a peace-of-mind thing, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Been a good minute since I've made any progress on this, but I'm about to get things back underway.

I've got the Mag 7 to replace the Mag 12 I have, gotta get the Mag 12 sold still to help fund the tank.

Just ordered some of the specialty plumbing pieces for the sump set up, as well as acrylic sheet to make the overflow box. Gonna 3D print the teeth for the top.

Later this week, I plan on tearing down the 30 long that is the donor tank for this project. I also want to get to the hardware store to get the more basic plumbing pieces and lumber for the stand. Also need to pick up an extra 10 gallon to turn into the sump, as my spare one I had got broken.

After all my pieces parts are gathered, I'll get the baffles for the sump cut and the 30 drilled. Then it's game time.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Got some goodies today!

IMG_20170112_131602760.jpg
    Last edited by AABatteries; 01-12-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Yay goodies...now what are they? lol
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Lol, there are so many things already discussed on this thread I have no idea about. It's interesting to watch you set up a SW tank, since I know 0 about it and it looks like there are so many builds. Love it!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast