· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Red face Convict cichlid breeding

0 Not allowed!
    Is this possible to breed 3 pairs of convicts in a 100g tank ? I'm planing to breed convicts to produce some fries, So that I can sell them to my LFS. Is it a good idea to breed 3 pairs in a tank or just buy a pair and let them multiply their numbers. Please help me to setup a proper breeding setup of convicts. I'm a bit confused about the set-up.

1) I can buy 3 pairs and try to breed them togather in the same tank.this way I will a lot of fries but they might end up killing each other.

2) Get a pair of convict and put them in a 100g tank and wait until they multiply.fries might get killed by the parents and obviously I won't get as many babies as I get from 3 pairs. \

HELP ME OUT GUYS.

It's my first post, So I'm expecting a quick reply

THANKS in advance

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    It would be fine to get 3 pairs of course just keep filtration in mind and throw in some ceramics pots just have enough so they all can claim territory and add them all at the same time. They breed very easily so you shouldn't have any problems. If possible to have a separate tank established for raising the fry I would recommended that as well to increase the odds that they will grow out.
    Last edited by AmazonJoe; 07-29-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

1 Not allowed!
    One pair of convicts is going to produce hundreds of fry, 3 pairs will simply produce too many for your lfs or anyone else to buy. Angelfish actually sell better than convicts if you want to breed something to sell.

^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks...^^^

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    This is another thing to be considerate of for sure! since they spawn so easily and often a lot of convict owners can't even give the fry away fast enough and the LFS would typically have a never ending supply of convicts from it's main fish suppliers it not something they would buy from us hobbyists :(