· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20L Nano Tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the new salties - Slaphppy7   Have a clownfish! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   A bit of good luck to get you through Irma. - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I think jbj has a 45 gallon all in one system to.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    JBJ does also sell a 28G setup for about $100 more. Their other larger tanks seem to be sold separately not in an included set. One of my concerns is that they both come with hoods and the lights are installed inside the hood. I think the lights can be retro upgraded but at a cost. So, are the lights good enough for LPS? Will the evaporated water affect the lights inside the hood? LED lights sold separately can get costly but I know that you get what you pay for.
    I love the clean lines of the rimless tanks but I don't have thousands to spend.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the new salties - Slaphppy7   Have a clownfish! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   A bit of good luck to get you through Irma. - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    The lights on those hoods should do ok for softies and LPS. Do a search on you tube for the biocubes should be some good info

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    As I'm doing my research for this build I am not even sure I need a sump for this size build. I know it would help with the water quality if I had a sump. Still up in the air about it

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwfish13 View Post
    As I'm doing my research for this build I am not even sure I need a sump for this size build. I know it would help with the water quality if I had a sump. Still up in the air about it

You def know more than I do but with a tank that size I think you can get away with a large HOB. I have seen many vids on doing it this way for a nano tank.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah I saw a video where someone used an AC50

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    A nanno can easily thrive if stocked correctly and water change weekly :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

1 Not allowed!
    I'm on the verge of putting together either a 20 long or 30 long as an upgrade for my clowns, and using a 10 gallon tank as a sump. While you don't need a sump on a tank this small, it never hurts. I am mainly doing it so I can use an in-sump skimmer as I can't stand using my CPR bakpak I've used in the past. It was just way too noisey and finicky.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Do you have a journal? I would love to follow along with your build.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    I do not yet. Once I've got a tank picked out and I'm ready to gather the equipment, I will start one. Plans are tentatively FOWLR plus a bubble tip anemone for the clowns.