· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

well done - mac   well done - mac   for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   

Question Any Food Suggestions?

0 Not allowed!
    Whenever I first got into the hobby I owned two Angelfish and two Silverdollar fish. Lets just say that the silver dollars didn't take to lightly to the pecking that the angelfish did to try and assert dominance. So I stopped keeping them for about a year now but went into the LFS the other day and saw some that I couldn't live without (I probably could have lol). I currently have some Omega-1 Tropical Fish food but I was wondering if anyone here used specific chiclid formula for angelfish. I've heard that the Hikari has some good chiclid formula but they seem to be pretty big pellets.

Picture of my new fish here :)
    http://i.imgur.com/xxuY2xW.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

1 Not allowed!
    hikari discus biogold or northfin community pellets (0.5 mm) should be small enough. I would also supplement with new life spectrum algaemax 1mm.
    Last edited by Rocksor; 07-04-2016 at 03:27 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

well done - mac   well done - mac   for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   

0 Not allowed!
    awesome! Thanks for the suggestions. How would you go about supplementing them? Do you do a regiment or use algaemax every once in a while?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Also do you think it would enhance color? The colors already look pretty good to me.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

1 Not allowed!
    Spirulina will cause the yellow to pop a little bit more, but based on your angel's picture, it looks like its colors are great without enhancers due to genetics. Nice pickup

I would feed algaemax at least 3 times a week.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sweet! Thanks for the suggestion!!!