· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 201 of 252 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2514

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I've no experience with them WG, but I found this at liveaquaria which is a pretty good source for general information.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...45&pcatid=2945..

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

New fish ;-) - steeler58   you need a shrimp now that they have arrived - Jwfish13   Sorry for your loss - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the info! It seems like they would do best in their own tank setup.
    My First Aquarium Adventure - 40B Community Tank: Journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

New fish ;-) - steeler58   you need a shrimp now that they have arrived - Jwfish13   Sorry for your loss - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Alright so I will be feeding my new fish this evening and I need some advice for how much food to feed. I'm so used to feeding my first stock of fish for the last couple months, which usually is: one nice pinch of quality flakes, 5-6 Hikari sinking wafers, one algae wafer broken up into multiple pieces, and frozen bloodworm/frozen brine shrimp once a week.

Here is my current stock after my new fish were introduced last night:

19 green neon tetra
    8 Colombian tetra
    6 sterbai cory's
    6 bandit cory's
    2 gold gourami
    6 kuhli loaches
    Lots of RCS
    1 BNP

The food I have:
    Omega One quality flakes
    Hikari sinking wafers
    NLS algae wafers
    NLS micro pellets
    Frozen bloodworms/frozen brine shrimp

I know the tetra and bottom feeders will get their share, just not sure how much to be feeding since I have much more bottom feeders now with more cory's and loaches. I am mainly worrying about my 2 gourami because I know they are slow eaters. Anyone with gourami have any advice for me? I guess I will do a couple pinches of flakes and hope they get their share. I won't be feeding any frozen foods tonight. And then maybe 10-12 sinking wafers and an algae wafer or two. My first stocked fish weren't into the micro pellets but I can try those for the new fish. Thoughts?? They haven't eaten since Thursday so I'm sure they are hungry!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    The foods you are feeding now are all very good. The only thing I would suggest adding is a flake with spirulina and/or spinach in it or supplement with real spinach. The colombian tetra will charge the surface to get their share first so be ready for that. Be careful to not over feed WG. That is far worse than under feeding a bit. The gourami may not feed for a few days and that is normal.

I would feed only 5-6 sinking wafers because those are hard to clean up after. When they break apart, it goes everywhere. I would be ready to do an extra water change tomorrow as well.
    Last edited by Taurus; 09-03-2016 at 06:27 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    It will be trial and error with feeding at first...just increase what you have been feeding by a bit for now, if it's gone quickly, add a bit more

Try 8 or 10 of ths sinking wafers, and an algae wafer broken into many pieces

Spread the flakes throughout the tank so that everyone gets a chance at a bite

I can tell you right now the Colombians will get their fair share, no worries there

Once the newbies have been in there a few weeks, slap some mosquitos and throw them in there...my Colombians loved them, as does my pearl
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Trail and error is an excellent way to put it Matt.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the info!! I will look for some flakes with spirulina (whatever that is?) and/or spinach in it. I don't think I ever have an issue with any leftover wafers, my RCS absolutely go crazy for them and usually clean up whatever is left.

Mosquitos?? Like... real, blood-sucking mosquitos?? I have NEVER heard of feeding fish mosquitos, wow!!

I will try to post pics and possibly a video later this evening after my beloved LSU Tigers play some college football.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    How about these flakes?? Same brand, Omega One, as my other flakes that my fish seem to love...

https://www.amazon.com/Omega-One-Veg...akes+spirulina

Says it has fresh kelp and spirulina in them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Heck yeah, if they have a little blood in them, even better.

Although one time, I had been drinking a few beers, and the mosquitos that bit me then made the fish swim a little crooked

They'll tear up houseflies, too...just be sure they're freshly killed, don't feed dead bugs you find lying around
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Page 201 of 252 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251 ... LastLast