· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 98 of 184 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry to hear about the delay in delivering your fish. I know you are probably worried about the condition they will be in when they do finally arrive. Just let me say that a year ago I had a $200+ order get delayed from a Friday to a Monday. It was a screwup at the ATL airport
    And the box was misplaced. I was freaking out all weekend. But they were all alive when they arrived. I did have some issues with a few Pearl Gouramis and I eventually lost 2 of the 5 but all the other tetras (20 cardinals, 10 HY511, 15 black phantoms, 16 Silvertips) have done fine.

Good luck in the am.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    @Silbar Awwww :) That's nice and encouraging, thanks for sharing that :) I'm glad your fish were ok, I don't remember reading about the delay. I'd be sooooooo worried as well! And you're right, I'm a bit nervous about the fish being in their bags for so long, but thinking positively I'm sure they will be stressed, but I'll get them into safe water right away. I'm going to let them acclimate (P&D) in a small rubbermaid, with water from the QT tank. Slowly let them recover in a darker environment, and gradually introduce them to the QT tank.

In the 120g, things are going well. As expected, the angels are still getting to know eachother, with the occasional shove, but so far no single angel is being bullied or ganged up on, so that's a good sign. Although I never planned on keeping all these angels, I'm really enjoying the full house. Eight angels make a statement, they swim differently then when there's only four. They school when there's a group or no spawning to segregate, we'll see what happens if the pair of angels decide to spawn again. So far, I like it
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

8 Not allowed!
    I took a quick vid to show the juvie angels with the adults. The tank looks cloudy in the vid, there might be a slight haze bacterial bloom, but no ammonia, I added Prime just in case to let the bio catch up. The haze is not noticeable to the eye, even looking from end to end, it's weird.

At feeding time...everyone is behaving well
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    AhhHa! I figured out what the issue with the cloudiness was, my 10k accent light was moved during the angelfish addition, and was pointed straight at the camera. Too much light saturation, so it's washed out, not cloudy.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    AhhHa! I figured out what the issue with the cloudiness was, my 10k accent light was moved during the angelfish addition, and was pointed straight at the camera. Too much light saturation, so it's washed out, not cloudy.
    I have so many issues with my tabks with lighting hence why no photos in a while.

Would it not be cool to have a camera whicj can capture images like our own eye site.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    [MENTION=56734]

In the 120g, things are going well. As expected, the angels are still getting to know eachother, with the occasional shove, but so far no single angel is being bullied or ganged up on, so that's a good sign. Although I never planned on keeping all these angels, I'm really enjoying the full house. Eight angels make a statement, they swim differently then when there's only four. They school when there's a group or no spawning to segregate, we'll see what happens if the pair of angels decide to spawn again. So far, I like it
    Yeah, I found any shoal/school do much better at 8 or higher. Anything less, and the fish act different.
    Last edited by Rocksor; 10-04-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

2 Not allowed!
    Tx Rivers, you are so sweet :) They didn't make it here today, I notified Angelfins already and they told me the fish should be ok if they arrive tomorrow. So, the gold tetras are much less timid with the angelfish out. I knew they were too small! But they'll like a bunch of tiny kerri friends, so I might leave them in the QT (not sure yet). I have decided to not sell them at this time, but have to keep them with small fish only.

I'll update tomorrow, hopefully I will get the shipment.
    Funfact about gold tetras. They apparently get the gold on their backs due to a reaction to parasites. The wild ones will be more colored up than tank raised ones since the tank raised ones are never exposed to this parasite.

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fres...ins/golden.php

The Golden Tetra Hemigrammus rodwayi is a pretty little characin. Its gold appearance is due to a specialized layer on its skin that defends it against a trematode parasite. This fish is more prone to disease, especially skin parasites, than many tetras. The gold color comes from 'guanin,' which is secreted by its skin to protect it against these parasites. This makes it look like it has been covered with gold dust, thus its name.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Checking in with you about your shipment. Please try not to stress yourself. Your seller is probably used to shipments taking this long on a regular basis, so they are reassuring you from their experience. I'm sure they did a good job of packing.

You have such beautiful angels. They look so serene together. Hope they will continue to get along well for you.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    You have such beautiful angels. They look so serene together....
    Oh my, yes! Kat, I just wish your video above was a bit longer....by maybe about an hour?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

Page 98 of 184 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast