· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186
Results 1,851 to 1,855 of 1855

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Beautiful! I had a single angel for a long time, but I love the way yours look in schools. If my dentist friend/employer ever decides she wants a redo of the 150g, I might lobby hard for a northern Amazon tank. A dozen or so angels, huge schools of black neons and red phantoms, and lots of cories; lightly tanin-stained water, lots of driftwood and plants...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    That sounds like an amazing tank!
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Thanks all :) Update time! They've had time to get get used to the tank and color up. They have an incredible appetite, they get a bit chippy when they think there might be food. I love them though, I really missed having baby angels, they are so inquisitive.

Actually, I take it back, I think they are pinoy now. They have lacey fins and I'm pretty sure I see hints of blue. I'm really pleased with the pearlscale, a lot of them are expressing it nicely already. A mix of the pinoy pearlscale and platium paraiba would be nice!!! Or even if they pair with my blue silvers or platinum, it would make a nice combo.

I'm pretty excited for this and it's made me appreciate my own fish even more. I've decided I'll have to get a school of red phantom tetras instead of the flame tetras. Flame tetras are nice, but my red phantoms just glow. They stand out and I can see them across the room from the couch. That's something I like to consider with this tank. Anyway, here's an update pic of the 120g
    20191103_194321.jpg
    On a little side note, I was looking at how the red phantoms stand out. That one red phantom is there in that exact same middle spot in every full tank shot of this tank. I went back and looked! It was actually freaky!

I added an oriental sword plant at the base of the driftwood on the left. It's actually 2 or 3 plants, i'm letting them propagate and grow bigger. My goal is a bunch of sword plants for this tank (ok more!) with a melon sword foreground. A nice thing I noticed my melon swords have put on a growth spurt since I added the Finnex light, the leaves are almost double. But i'm also having an increasingly annoying cyanobacteria problem. I have to step up my game, admittedly, I've slacked a bit over the summer. But i'd like to reverse that and get back into taking better care of the tanks.

The hygro pantanol (was angustifolia) is doing really well, so I'll be using that around the amazon swords in the midground. I recently added 2 more val plants from the 90g, they went on the left side and were considerably lighter in color than the val in the 120g. Don't know what that means, but the darker green looks healthier I thought?

Also my tank is infested with mini ramshorn snails! But that's ok, they help eat diatoms while they are alive, and I just squish them now and then to feed my fish. Free fresh protein! My gold pearlscale comes swimming over when she just sees something pinched in my fingers. She waits for me to squish them and feed her. What a diva, she loves escargot I guess!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    That sounds like an amazing tank!
    Oh! You can't see the pics? Well there's a short vid for ya ;)
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Also just had to add, those mini ramshorns are there for good. I found them in my filter even though I have an Eheim prefilter on the intake! I've never seen eggs, admittedly I'm not sure what they look like, but I've seen nothing that I think could be mini ramshorn eggs. Wonder how small they are?

Some info if interested
    http://www.shrimptank.ca/2014/01/sma...orn-snail-eggs
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 11-04-2019 at 11:49 PM.
    -Kat

Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186