· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 183 of 184 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1840

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Whoohoooooo!

3 Not allowed!
    So for the latest development......I'm so excited I can't even express it with words! I can get blue pinoy ordered to my reputable LFS! I've been thinking about those wild glitter angels from Angelmania for months. Since the winter actually. I was so so excited to try them, it was what I really really wanted. But I've been still putting it off because of the bad reviews from Angelmania and my disaster of a first shipment from Angelfins. And, the transit was 3 to 5 days with no live guarantee for international orders. Plus the shipping was more than the fish. The whole thing made me very nervous and my hubby pretty much talked me out of it, leaving me very discouraged.

For kicks and giggles I decided to try calling my LFS to see if they could possibly order me in some angels. They don't usually bring in angelfish because the store caters to nano tanks and angelfish are obviously too large and require large tanks. They wouldn't want to hold onto them, but they can bring them in for me. That means one day in transit compared to 3-5. And I don't have to worry about 'no live guarantee'. No shipping costs either! One more thing, I have money set aside at the LFS from selling fish and plants, plus my hubby got me a gift card for my b-day that covers an order for 6 blue pinoy angels.

I can't believe blue pinoy was on the list. That's a fish with two blue genes (pb blue silver) with dark fins. The whole fish could be darker, but that would look great in my 120g with the light background. I plan to breed them with my blue silvers because I only have 1 blue female left and she's not spawning atm. I always liked a blue fish with darker fins. It was my plan to have blue silvers with one dark gene for 5 years now.

Here's a nice pic of blue pinoy angels from the net
    e85248e2404d060fa2d6112e881fcfae.jpg
    Just to give and idea of what I'm looking at.

So I just have to talk to the main guy tomorrow, and they could have the angels in for next Friday :) Another cool thing is they are almost the same price as Angelmania's blue pinoy mixes, but they are much larger (stronger). Not full grown, but not pea sized like Angelmania likes to ship them.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for Sharing Your fish! - discusluv   

1 Not allowed!
    That is great news! I hope you find exactly what you want

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    That's a really beautiful angel. Hope you get a healthy bunch of them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Great news, excited for you, Kat...and late Happy Birthday
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    So for the latest development......I'm so excited I can't even express it with words! I can get blue pinoy ordered to my reputable LFS! I've been thinking about those wild glitter angels from Angelmania for months. Since the winter actually. I was so so excited to try them, it was what I really really wanted. But I've been still putting it off because of the bad reviews from Angelmania and my disaster of a first shipment from Angelfins. And, the transit was 3 to 5 days with no live guarantee for international orders. Plus the shipping was more than the fish. The whole thing made me very nervous and my hubby pretty much talked me out of it, leaving me very discouraged.

For kicks and giggles I decided to try calling my LFS to see if they could possibly order me in some angels. They don't usually bring in angelfish because the store caters to nano tanks and angelfish are obviously too large and require large tanks. They wouldn't want to hold onto them, but they can bring them in for me. That means one day in transit compared to 3-5. And I don't have to worry about 'no live guarantee'. No shipping costs either! One more thing, I have money set aside at the LFS from selling fish and plants, plus my hubby got me a gift card for my b-day that covers an order for 6 blue pinoy angels.

I can't believe blue pinoy was on the list. That's a fish with two blue genes (pb blue silver) with dark fins. The whole fish could be darker, but that would look great in my 120g with the light background. I plan to breed them with my blue silvers because I only have 1 blue female left and she's not spawning atm. I always liked a blue fish with darker fins. It was my plan to have blue silvers with one dark gene for 5 years now.

Here's a nice pic of blue pinoy angels from the net
    e85248e2404d060fa2d6112e881fcfae.jpg
    Just to give and idea of what I'm looking at.

So I just have to talk to the main guy tomorrow, and they could have the angels in for next Friday :) Another cool thing is they are almost the same price as Angelmania's blue pinoy mixes, but they are much larger (stronger). Not full grown, but not pea sized like Angelmania likes to ship them.
    Wow those are some gorgeous angels, I am glad you were able to work with the LFS to save on shipping. Seems like shipping fish nowadays is more a rip off for the hobbyist.

I didn't see it was your B-day, to you!
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Awww tx all! I'm super stoked! Talked to Jason today and he's gonna touch base Wednesday to let me know all is still good. I found out the supplier gets fish in from all over the world, so I have to be diligent with QTing, but I think I can handle this. The good thing is if anything goes wrong, live and healthy fish guarentees still apply even though I pick them straight up from the LFS. Better that he orders in thousands of dollars per order and they won't jerk him around for one 25$ order and lose his business for good. So an all around win-win for me!

I grabbed the prettiest angels I could see online. Ken Kennedy had the most beautiful blue angels, so maybe they don't look that nice, but they are an example of blue pinoy angels. I think they might be ghost (one stripeless gene) because their bars are broken.

It was Bday a few months ago, I was just saving it for something that meant a lot to me, so yay! Thanks for the bday wishes :)

This has rekindled my hobby a bit, so it really is special. I'll def keep you all posted!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    So i'm not getting my pinoy angels tomorrow afterall, but they expect to still get some in in about 3 or 4 weeks. Could be earlier, but i'm ok with waiting.

On another exciting note, my blue silver female spawned again! It's been a while since she and the gold marble broke up. Saw them locking lips one day and that was it. The surprising part is that she doesn't have a partner. Never would I have thought
    a male would be all over that, in a tank with 5 of them! The females are outnumbered at only 3. Interesting.....

Here's a pic, she laid her eggs on the filter intake tube!
    20190829_173111.jpg

The good part is that I know she will still breed if conditioned. I've been feeding them a bit more lately, and success.

The challenging part will be she just shooed away the gold marble and two of the blue silvers. I don't think she wants to hook up with anyone! Idk how it would go with just two of them if I force pair. But I really really want blue silver babies!

And I bit the bullet and bought a Finnex 24/7 HLC for this tank. My first 'fancy' light lol! I thought all the thunderstorm and cloudy setting were something I wouldn't use, but now i'm kind of excited to see what it looks like. It's the slim profile version with a 4 way multichip.
    https://www.finnex.net/index.php/pro...247-48hlc.html

I like the multichip fixtures like my Beamswork RBG which is lighting this tank in the pic. The BW is not customizable, but I like that you don't get those colored beams shining down from the single whole color diodes.

It will replace my Beamsworks DHL 6500k fixture which I keep on low setting anyway because I really don't like the yellow CRI of this fixture. So I know no matter what I'll have more light with this new fixture. I planned to swap out the 6500k diodes for full spectrum, but i'm never gonna get around to having enough confidence to do it, so I'll use the 6500k in the fishroom instead. It's such a powerful light I could probably light up two 3ft tanks with one 4ft fixture because I can hang it higher. I will still use the Beamswork RBG, the 10000k accent light and backlight on this 120g. Anyway, another win-win I say.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 08-29-2019 at 10:10 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Omg omg omg! We have wigglers!
    Bummer I can't get the pic to upload.....

But i'm so excited! Seriously contemplating stealing some! Wonder who the baby daddy is? Probably the gold marble which wouldn't give me blue silver babies, but maybe some platinum and platinum marble......

I just can't believe she has been successful at defending the eggs with 7 other angelfish in the tank! She is an incredible angel!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Just trying to upload that pic
    20190830_141557.jpg
    Finally! Not even a good pic :(
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Super excited for you on many fronts!
    Great that you are finally able to get those blue Angels that you have been wanting.
    Then wigglers! So awesome ( happy dance).

Page 183 of 184 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184 LastLast