· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 182 of 186 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1855

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks @Rocksor! Your opinion means a lot to me! It's the soil that I want to grow anaerobic bacteria, not the gravel. My pots are 2" to 3" deep. I'd say for the most part, dirt beds are 3" since I pile sand and gravel on top to make it even. So soil capped with PFS and then gravel. I do get bubbles if I apply any pressure with my siphon, but I don't siphon the pots, just a skim. I do have a spot where debris collects. I siphon spots where there is no plants or dirt well. The way the scape and filter flow is set up, debris collects in the back left corner. I don't get much debris anywhere else. What do you think?

I like my 90g with anaerobic bacteria. It's a extra piece of mind for me. My plants are just fine with near 0ppm nitrate. Actually just an observation, I now have my filters set up almost the same in my 90g and 120g, and debris collects in the same corner.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 06-05-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    So I'm still trying to decide what to order from Angelmania. I really wanted the wild cross Philippine blue, https://angelmania.net/epages/e64716...443/Products/9 but they are not available at this time.

Then there's the Brazillian Glitter or Wild Cross Blue ghost
    https://angelmania.net/epages/e64716...43/Products/16
    Or
    https://angelmania.net/epages/e64716...43/Products/14
    Having a lot of trouble deciding between these two.

The Brazilian Glitter are only het for blue, which means they only have one blue gene, so blue won't really express, just the glitter is blueish. But the glitter catches my attention. Also body shape and fins are perfect in my eyes. My platinums used to have a ton of glitter, but since I was breeding, I rehomed them and now it seems the glitter trait is disappearing. Anyway, the Wild cross blue ghosts have two blue genes, but a random mix of veil and standard fin. I like standard fin better. I do NOT want to breed super veil, that's for sure. Also lots of glitter in these. The pic makes the fish not look so blue, but my knowledge tells me they should be blue like my philipine blue even if they have one gold gene. But the angel in the pic almost looks platinum. Going by pics, I'd get the Brazilian Glitter, but going by what I know about genetics, I'd rather the Wild Blue ghosts with a double dose of blue. So hard for me to pick!

Then there's the blue marbles who apparently are the brightest blue.
    https://angelmania.net/epages/e64716...443/Products/6

And blue paraiba
    https://angelmania.net/epages/e64716...443/Products/3
    Which are impressively blue but fake looking. These paraiba angels have two stripeless genes making them blushing with iridescent guanine patches. If this was a couple years ago, I'd go for the flash, but now I'm kinda into wild crosses. I feel the genetic pool is stronger. Idk.

There's also pinoy paraiba
    https://angelmania.net/epages/e64716...443/Products/4
    Which is the same as the above but with one or two dark genes to make a darker blue fish.

I'd get all of them, but crossing them is difficult due to all the phenotypes, and I don't have room to breed them all! How do I pick?

Shipping for 6 fish is 85$. I hate to complain about price, but it's pretty hefty. An order of 6 fish will cost me about 140$. And there's no guarantee. That is holding me back for sure, but I've waiting so long to get my hands on these special angel genes. I think I'd have it made if I went for the flash, but I think I'm into the wild more with blue colors.

Help me pick! @discusluv?
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    I like the Wild-Cross Philippine Blue Ghost Angelfish. Hands down- my favorite. :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    They all look pretty cool to me...too many choices!.....hope that helps.........
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Thanks @discusluv, I'm leaning toward that one as well! Just cuz it has two blue genes. But the Brazilian glitter with one blue gene interests me as well. The thing about the wild cross blue ghosts, the pic doesn't represent well. If I didn't know better, I'd be disappointed to get an actual blue ghost. And do you know if wild crosses are more aggressive or harder to breed? Never thought I'd have a chance at working with wild genes! I'm trying to do my research and I think wild crosses are way easier, but not sure?

Thanks Matt and Lol! I know you're not really an angelfish fan, so it does mean something hahaha!

I asked my best friend what she thought, (she has koi and is into those), but she told me halfway thru she wasn't sure if I was talking English anymore!
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 06-06-2019 at 06:52 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    As far as Angels are concerned, Ive only had the wilds- not domestics. These wild Angels are pretty aggressive with one another. But, I would rate them as in-line with the aggression shown between discus.

I always promote the attempt to breed wilds over domestics. This is a choice that I have grown to over time in the hobby. So, in all cases I am more attracted to wilds then domestic fish. As far as difficulty in breeding wilds over domestics- it can be. If your water is dialed into their needs, however, the difficulty is minimized.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks @discusluv :) I might want to try my hand at wild, but I'm a bit nervous to. I think them being wild crossed and tank bred might help domesticate them enough. I like they idea or introducing wild genes if anything though. I think I can do it!

Btw, when you picked the wild cross Blue Ghosts, did you know the picture didn't represent well? That kind of bothers me. Angelmania doesn't get the best reviews, like sending the wrong fish ect, but I think it's because ppl expect what they see in the pic instead of looking at the actual genes. Plus that is an adult fish, most likely one parent.

Idk, I can't figure it out! Anyway the reason I want the blue ghosts over Brazilian Glitter is because they should be bluer.

Maybe I'll get 4 Blue Ghosts and two Brazillian Glitter. Btw I hate using made up names! Maybe two more of other types because I'm too curious to see what some other phenotypes look like. Then if all goes relatively well, I'll have a better idea next time I order.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    I picked the Blue Ghosts because they carry 2 blue genes instead of the one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks discusluv :) I didn't make my order yet. I'm waiting till after my summer trips and when I'll be around to deal with them. I want to make sure I do this right.

Also i'm thinking of making my own filters with powerheads facing upward. I'm thinking vertical flow would be better for their fins. Or maybe it's too unnatural, not sure yet.

My pleco was out cruisin' the glass eating up the nummy algae. I scrape the algae off the glass and he eats it at the bottom. I don't feed him very often, but it looks like he does alright with all the algae.
    20190714_204707.jpg

It's funny watching him inch up the glass and his belly wobbling.
    Btw, he eats up all the algae, so I don't see it in my tank. Well not much. He's my little helper :)
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 07-15-2019 at 01:00 AM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    That's a very cool pic...my Blondie does the same thing
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Page 182 of 186 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184 ... LastLast