· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 180 of 186 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1855

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

1 Not allowed!
    If it's too loud you're too old
    If it's too fast then it must be thrash

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Sorry I missed that update, Kat...all of those new plants look great...good to hear from you again
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    I agree, great find! love the emersed garden too.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Looks really nice! Your Angels are beautiful as well! I need to do an update on my Altum Angels, they are growing like weeds, lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Ahhh hi guys! I miss you all so much. Thanks for visiting :)
    @Hockey nut Of course I'd care! Haha Just kidding, there's a band I've never heard of. They sound pretty good. I'm still recovering from Cannibal Corpse, Amonth Amarth, Lamb of god and Slayer Wednesday night! I lost my phone in the pit! But I got it back right after the show, actually talked to the dude that found it. Man,I love the metalhead community Are you metalling it up this summer?

Thanks Matt, I know it's easy to miss posts. I can't believe I found that hygro araguaia and never knew about it. At Petsmart!

Thanks Nat, I added to the emersed garden now. A couple pothos and some british? Ivy. It's full now!

Thanks @discusluv, I actually have a breeding project again. I mean I haven't started it, but I have a project. Also considering getting some 50% wild blue glitter angels from Angelmania. It's the only place that will ship to me here between June and Sept. Here's a link if you're interested.
    https://angelmania.net/epages/e64716...43/Products/16
    They only have one blue gene though. I like the glitter trait and the wild though!
    Also was considering these guys
    https://angelmania.net/epages/e64716...3/Products/864
    Thoughts?

Ok, for the project....
    I've always been under the impression that one gold gene influences the expression of blue. I thought the gold gene muted the blue to a powder or grey blue.

Check it out
    20190322_141828.png
    20190322_141741.png

Not the best pics, they are very old, but you can see one angel is much bluer than the rest. I got four angels from a local hobbyist. They were all purchased from the same LFS I frequent, so they were one batch. I couldn't figure out why she was so blue, I lost her to an abscess within six months after I acquired her. It looked like she was pairing off with my alfa male blue angel and I thought I was seeing her breeding tube, but it didn't retract, she never laid eggs and it got bigger. So sad, I can see the abscess in the pic I'm sure some members might remember when she passed, I was very upset. So needless to say, I never got to breed her to find out her special genes.

Anyway, I did find out that all my other blue and all my blue angels to date all have a gold gene. I thought the gold (het) gene broke up the bars and muted the blue. I learned this from the angelfish society forum like 10 years ago. But apparently gold id completely recessive to silver and shouldn't influence the silver/wild bars. He said it was lighting as they were growing that breaks up the bars. Idk?

Anyway I thought I was foubarred. But then I realized if I breed two of my
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Blue silvers het for gold would still produce 25% offspring without any gold gene. Based on what i'm suggesting, I should be able to distinguish between them once they get some colouration. Also the broken bars, i'm so curious and have to know! I can still do it!

Here are some pics of my blue angels with a gold gene
    20190518_142120.jpg
    20190518_142600.jpg
    And a juvie angel
    20190524_145442.jpg
    I think the giltter on the blue offspring comes from the platinum glitter I bred my blue angels to. Second pic might be the same angel in different sizes (ages).
    You can see the lighter blue and broken wild bars.
    What do you think?

But only problem is I only have one female blue angel left after callamamus worm. She broke up with the gold marble het for pb (blue) a couple months ago. I saw them lip pushing, not locking but pushing. Then no more eggs that I noticed from her. So thinking I could condition (just her) in a breeder tank and when she's ready, add a male blue angel. I have an idea who is more alfa now that they are all grown up. There was this one large blue angel who was giving the gold marble alfa a run for his money, but she didn't hook up with him. I think she needed a break anyway. It'll be the first time I force a pair, so i'm a bit nervous. Thoughts?

My old (she has to be 7 or 8) is still breeding every 2/3 weeks with her new platinum partner! The eggs never last in the community.

I gotta get my breeder tank set up again. I still have my best angel pair separated because they also broke up and she became terrified of him after he beat her up. She's all healed now, but reintroduction didn't work out as well. So both of them are getting swapped out for another pair and they will be going into the community gold angel 90g.

Sorry for all the babble, but if you got through it, good for you hahaha! Now any thoughts? Any at all?
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 05-24-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Oh @Boundava I also got some curly spider plants to grow in my emersed garden. I like that they suck up nitrates more efficiently, and also clean my air. My tanks are more like windows with plants everywhere lol! So easy to do. Don't know how much it helps with nitrates, i'm still having to do 50% water changes (that's 60 gallons) weekly in this tank to keep nitrates at 10-20ppm. Hopefully things will balance out soon like my 90g.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

1 Not allowed!
    don't have any plans set in stone, went and saw disturbed and then saw godsmack and volbeat. I have heard cannable corpse puts on one hell of a show.
    you are 100% right about the metal/hard rock community, it's like one big happy family, young old doesn't matter for the most part. I have become friends with some cool people with music being the only thing we really have in common. they all played one day? That's a excellent one day line up. usually they get 1 or 2 heavy hitters and fill with local talent. not saying anything wrong with local talent. I am actually looking for a venue around here that features metal music.
    oh and I am to old for the pit lol
    If it's too loud you're too old
    If it's too fast then it must be thrash

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Beautiful plants!

For your above-the-tank garden, how to you have your plants supported? I'd like to add more in mine.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post

Sorry for all the babble,
    Please don't be. I greatly enjoy reading your posts. Your thoughts that you've shared above are quite interesting!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Page 180 of 186 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 ... LastLast