· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 178 of 184 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1837

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    in asia they do above tank sumps

the scrubbers will help to curb the nitrates

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, I was looking at out of tank overflows instead of drilling. Might be a good idea to add more water volume while keeping a smaller space for tiny fry.

As for algae scrubbers, what about the ugly box in the tank and light coming through it? I just don't know how I'd hide something like that and how long would I have to leave the light on for? I've seen 18hrs and 6hrs. I suppose I could run the light at night to take away from the looks?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    What about a design like this?

I skipped most of it, he explained the design at the end.

And yikes, my Eheim 2075 filter is only rated for 330gph. I have to add more filtration. I just don't like a lot of flow, so difficult to figure out what I should have. What about an internal pump that pumps upward? I'm thinking of using that type of idea on the growout tanks to prevent downward flow into the tank.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 01-03-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I could easily add an algae scrubber behind the tank in the sump. What do you think? Could I just pump it into a long deep container fixed behind the tank and back out with little pumps instead of using a big pump? It would be like a sump behind the tank.

Thoughts?
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    I moved a val plant today from the 90g into the 120g, i'm still wanting a nice val background in this tank. I couldn't believe how big this val plant was! It was so big that it was growing in a rosette shape instead of straight. When I add dirt to the back of the 120g and replant the vals, I'll take a picture because it was insane. Anyway, I can't get over how much better the plants grow in the dirted tank. I'm hoping adding dirt to the 120g will be enough, because I still consider revamping it and dirting the whole thing when I compare growth to the 90g. Although, the 90g does have more light, so I have a few things to improve I guess. I've been focusing more on increasing plant load and controlling nitrates better lately. The riccia is doing fantastic, I finally found a fast growing plant that works well in this tank. It has also helped the angels to leave the hydrocotyle vulgaris roots alone, so I transferred a few more pieces from the 90g and now have some nice vines at the back doing well. I'm loving the look at the top of the tank now, I should have done that years ago.

I had to take some pics to show the new val piece and how it looks at the top now. I'm really loving the look!
    20190113_001047.jpg
    The angels really like the added vals :) They were checking them out swimming in between the leaves right away lol.

I'm still not crazy about the foreground growth, but I lost some light (fixture needs a new driver), and I think that's a big part of the problem. But it's ok, so i'm dragging my feet with it.
    20190113_000631.jpg
    Angels are looking awesome now that they are all grown up :)

These are the containers I plan to use to add dirt at the back where the vals are.
    20190113_001840.jpg
    And the black baskets (pack of 2) I got to use in case I needed an isolation box or nursery or something in a hurry. I figured a border of styrofoam or two pieces under the handles and I have a floating in-tank separation cage. It cost me 1.25$ for the two ;)
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 01-13-2019 at 06:14 AM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    I love looking at your beautiful tank. It is simply stunning. So tranquil.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default I fixed my LED light!

3 Not allowed!
    Lol, i'm so proud of myself, I actually fixed my 10000k LED with spare parts I had in storage. My Beamswork fixture needed a new driver (power source) because it was flashing continuously. The female attachment was not made to be compatible with just any generic driver A replacement original Beamswork driver was 40$ plus shipping (of course). The parts I had I could purchase on Ebay for less than 10$ (driver included).

So here it is, my mod lol.
    20190118_222132.jpg

I didn't know if it would work, just went for it, snipped the adapter/attachment right off and it looked just like I thought it would. Perfect.

Now I think I easily added 3 times as much light for the foreground. It is a bit bright, but maybe I'll be able to grow the foreground I really want. Some tannins would help. Especially if I go more dirted, I think I have the light now to go for it :)
    With the 10k
    20190118_222640.jpg

As it was previously and for last few weeks
    20190118_222953.jpg
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 01-19-2019 at 03:59 AM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Nice fix! I'm lucky enough to have a dad that is an electronics repairman by trade, so I can double check everything I do with him.

At first I was having a hard time telling a difference from the pictures, but the driftwood looks brighter in your first pic. Tank looks great!
    "They had learned to speak, and so had won their first great victory over Time. Now the knowledge of one generation could be handed on to the next, so that each age could profit from those that had gone before." 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Arthur C. Clark

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Nice DIY, love it when stuff like that comes together, especially for free! (my favorite price)
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus291 View Post
    Nice fix! I'm lucky enough to have a dad that is an electronics repairman by trade, so I can double check everything I do with him.

At first I was having a hard time telling a difference from the pictures, but the driftwood looks brighter in your first pic. Tank looks great!
    Lucky you! I don't have anyone to help me. Thank you, just look at the substrate, you can see the color change. The foreground plants have 3 times as much light. The light is 10000k, so more blue than the 6500k, and blue penetrates farther. I literally added 3 times as many diodes with that mod. So excited to see how it grows my foreground! They are 1W diodes with 90 degree lenses, so the light is focused down to substrate. The top half won't change that much. That's what I love so much about these 1W diodes for a deep tank.

Thanks Matt, free is my absolute favorite price as well! If I can do it myself, I will!
    -Kat

Page 178 of 184 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180 ... LastLast