· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 172 of 187 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1861

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I agree, tx bud ;) I will get one almost for sure. It would be nice to have more, but the price is really high here too. I can't pass up an opportunity like this with someone else already doing all the hard work of locating these plecos. The local breeder has all those plecos I listed earlier. He also has tanks dedicated just to special plants. His tanks must be incredible. Wish I could see them! I think he is breeding the leopard frog plecos more for the yellow on black (or vice versa) rather than white on black. I'm hoping the babies are more yellow, because that's what I prefer, but I could have that wrong about which is more desirable.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    You could get one, wait for it to mature so you can sex it, and then contact the actual breeder and see if he could sell you one of the opposite sex.
    "They had learned to speak, and so had won their first great victory over Time. Now the knowledge of one generation could be handed on to the next, so that each age could profit from those that had gone before." 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Arthur C. Clark

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Good idea! Only problem is I can't find his contact info. I don't even think he used his computer if I remember correctly, but i'm sure I could work something out if I really wanted to, you're right :)
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for Sharing Your fish! - discusluv   

1 Not allowed!
    Beautiful!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'm looking for a quiet airpump for my 120g

Gah! Amazon.ca is proud of their Fushion air pumps. Lol!
    https://www.amazon.ca/JW-Fusion-Air-...pcL&ref=plSrch

I found a 500 model for $20, so I think I'll go with that one! Do you think anyone falls for that? I hope not!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I found a 500 model for $20, so I think I'll go with that one! Do you think anyone falls for that? I hope not!
    That's what they sell for here. Your $100+ prices up there in Canada are criminal.

Untitled.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Haha tx, they are not all criminals. Just that guy^^
    That's why I was hoping no one would fall for that!

I found the 500 model for 20 bucks with another seller. I know there's always one guy.....

It's more expensive up here, 1) Because of the dollar 2) A lot of stuff is not available to buy here, so I have to pay shipping, oftentimes doubling the price.

I'm jealous of all items in the US, especially livestock, but it's not as bad as poor @mac has to deal with.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    I misread your previous post! I thought you were saying that the normal prices were $100+ and that you thought the $20 one was a scam haha My bad!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Oh no worries! Tx for checking my journal :)

I don't like how sparse and 'clean' the tank is, but i'm still worried about siphoning and change out so much water with the nitrates that it's just like that now. I'd prefer a leaf litter bottom, or lots of carpet plant, and stained water, but it's just not possible for me with this tank atm. I have a bag of IALs in the filter flow, but it's not enough for this large tank.

I'm getting annoyed with ther nitrate accumulation in this tank. It climbs to 15 or 20ppm within a week or so. It's hard to tell with the API nitrate test. I'll test them today since I did a 40% WC last night and do another to get them down to below 5ppm and go from there. I'm just not a fan of nitrate accumulation at all ants want my plants to process them quicker than my fish produce it.
    @BluewaterBoof do you think it's my bioload vs. water column feeding plant? I've been siphoning like crazy for a year now, keeping the filter rinsed clean, I just don't get it

All my other tanks (even the 90g with a higher bioload) tests 0ppm. Although I believe it's anaerobic bacteria in the soil bed that is processing those.

What do you think I could do besides dirting the 120g or adding 100 bamboo plants? Something inexpensive because i'm incredibly cheap with my tanks lol.

Oh and nice to see you around!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    That's really frustrating! You would think with the amount of water in this tank and how lightly it is stocked you would be able to find some smoking gun that is causing the problem. I know you've gone over everything in the tank with a fine toothed comb though, it really makes me wonder what is causing it!?
    "They had learned to speak, and so had won their first great victory over Time. Now the knowledge of one generation could be handed on to the next, so that each age could profit from those that had gone before." 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Arthur C. Clark

Page 172 of 187 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast