· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 169 of 182 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1820

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    You might as well just use dwarf leaf lettuce. If you have fluoride in your water, the bamboo won't do well, and will eventually die in the long run.
    I must not have fluoride in my water. I already have some growing well in my 5.5g. I use water lettuce and hydrocotyle, but it is not growing enough to reduce nitrates.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus291 View Post
    @angelcraze2 do you keep any anubias in any of your tanks?
    Yes, I have one variety in the 120g, nana in my 90g and 5.5g. Should I try to use anubias for nitrate control? It grows so slowly I wasn't sure if it would do anything. I also have a small bush of needleleaf java fern.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Yes, I have one variety in the 120g, nana in my 90g and 5.5g. Should I try to use anubias for nitrate control? It grows so slowly I wasn't sure if it would do anything. I also have a small bush of needleleaf java fern.
    Oh no, I was asking for myself haha. Do you keep it in the shade or does it do good under direct light. My lfs is getting some coffeefolia in and I thought about grabbing some, but I don't want to burn it out.
    "They had learned to speak, and so had won their first great victory over Time. Now the knowledge of one generation could be handed on to the next, so that each age could profit from those that had gone before." 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Arthur C. Clark

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    It does well in both conditions. To be perfectly honest it does the best when it's close to the surface of the tank and even partially submersed. By that I mean leave the roots in the water and the leaves to grow out of the tank. Otherwise in highlight the leaves do tend to get covered with algae sometimes the roots 2 because it's a very very slow grower. That's why it does well in low-light conditions as well. Mine did the best when I had it glued to my background in my 75 gallon tank and they were allowed to grow out of the water. I would get blooms almost on a monthly basis. I was also dosing carbon dioxide and EI fertilizer.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Is this the coffeefolia species? The coffefolia I got melted :(

Actually, that's a good suggestion, I may try some growing emersed!

I find it does better in the shade @Nautilus291. Otherwise the algae attacks it in my tanks without co2. You might wasn't to research coffefolia, it might be an emersed anubias plant only.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Is this the coffeefolia species? The coffefolia I got melted :(

Actually, that's a good suggestion, I may try some growing emersed!

I find it does better in the shade @Nautilus291. Otherwise the algae attacks it in my tanks without co2. You might wasn't to research coffefolia, it might be an emersed anubias plant only.
    Thanks for letting me know! I'll see what they say online. I love the way it looks, but I keep this tank filled to the top.
    "They had learned to speak, and so had won their first great victory over Time. Now the knowledge of one generation could be handed on to the next, so that each age could profit from those that had gone before." 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Arthur C. Clark

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, I searched quickly, looks like it can be grown underwater, but IME, anubias has to adapt to underwater growth because they are mostly grown emersed in the nurseries. I think that's what happened to mine.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Mine did well submersed and partially emersed.

Here is one of the only photos I could find, the coffefolia is the ones on the right side-you can tell because there are 2 new leaves that are brownish in color.20170616_082718_HDR.jpg

The one to the left is was my monster barteri.

Most of the tank shots are in videos, here is an idea of the location of my anubias in the 75 when I had it set up.

Untitled.jpg
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Really nice Boundava! I want to try some growing completely emersed. I do not have hardscape going up the top of my tank to attach them, but it looks awesome! Love that background!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks, I threw it away when I tool the tank down. It was pretty gross on the back, lol. Am thinking of adding some DIY backgrounds to a couple of the tanks, wish I had more vacation time, lol. Or stock in extruded foam and Drylok

The anubias were pushing the glass lid off the tank and I had a dozen leaves growing out of the back of the tank. I would cut them down often. I just had to be very careful with fluctuating CO2 and black beard algae. I had to spray the tank down once with peroxide, and it wound up destroying a lot of my anubias leaves (barteri, nana, nana petite, golden nana and the coffefolia). That's when I started using the Seachem Advance and it helped with the grow back. I still use Advance in my plant tub-which is again stocked to the gills
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Page 169 of 182 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast