· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 168 of 185 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1844

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Is the young one fed enough ?
    You know, I keep meaning to feed more veggie. The angels bombard the algae wafers for my pleco, I have to feed one for himself under his stump while the other fish rip apart a decoy wafer. So he gets some veggie, but I'll try to feed him more. I have floating veggie pellets I need to use up!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    I think to recall a thread about young angels turning to the plants cause they weren't fed enough (not vegs but meaty food)
    No Cory, No Glory !!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    I think to recall a thread about young angels turning to the plants cause they weren't fed enough (not vegs but meaty food)
    Really? Idk? I feed them a good pinch of 1 and 2mm pellets twice a day as a staple. The angels are all looking like they have good weight (now that the worm is hopefully eradicated). I saw a video on how to measure the correct amount of food for fish based on their weight, but I don't have a scale. I feel I'm feeding him enough, and all the angels are gluttons so they all get their fill.....

I'll have to see who exactly is doing it. I saw a blue angel (not my older female) picking at the hydrocotyle roots and the creeping Jenny, but not sure exactly which male it was. Then I'll have to watch that angel in particular to see if he's grabbing his share of food. I don't really feed frozen foods lately (since the worm thing, I was avoiding feeding by hand and sticking my fingers in the tank and sharing portions between tanks). Maybe it's important to feed frozen foods too?
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    I thought it was time for an update, it's been a while. Well my two angel pairs are continuing to spawn regularly which is nice to see. What's not nice to see is the eggs don't last long in there with eight angels, but it is what it is for now. I'd like to get it down to 5 angels or so. I miss my tank with a tetra school and more room for territory. When I kept just two pairs (4 angels) in there, the angelfish parents were able to raise the kids to free-swimming stage. They didn't really cross the middle very often, each pair stayed on their own sides. I also want to get a male ram to play with my 3 females. And i'm considering a female BN pleco, but i'm still undecided.

The nitrates have been much better lately. I think i'm down to accruing 5ppm in 10 days. I think rinsing the filter and keeping the prefilter clean has helped the most. I'm still feeding heavier, and nitrate accumulation is less. I've also started using probiotics again, and I added some bamboo growing emersed.

20181201_200926.jpg

20181201_200412.jpg

So someone is eating the hydrocotyle roots, the creeping jenny I just added and now removed, and maybe rotala. The rotala is not doing well but the hydrocotyle is still growing. The offender is leaving the hygro angustifolia alone as well as some reneiki sp.mini that I just bought. What's even more impressive is that I think it is growing! I always had such a tough time with this plant, but want to be able to keep it in this tank, so i'm really happy about that :)

I have decided against adding a big piece of DW to the tank. It was actually bigger than it looked. So I cut some pieces off and plan to use the big piece on the left side in another tank. For now, I used a couple arched pieces in behind the dritwood 'roots' in the center/left with the intention to make them look like roots from the main structure piece. I'm still trying to hide the glass pots with the amazon swords a bit. I had to move them all back because they were shading the foreground too much and this also opened up the middle section. The dwarf sag I planted in place of the stargrass is finally filling in a bit as well :)

I found this old pic and I really miss having all the vals, stargrass, a smaller school of angels and more tetras
    March 9, 2017 11812 PM EST.jpg
    So I'll get those flame tetras in there as soon as they are QT'd. I wasn't in a hurry, but now that nitrates are better under control, I want to see them in the 120g.
    -Kat

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    I'm looking forward to seeing the flames in your big tank
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing the flames in your big tank
    Me too! I've been lazy with prophylactic treatment so unfortunately it will be a few more weeks at minimum. I also plan to get some columbian tetras, maybe 10 of them. I have 16 flame tetras. Actually if I give the two pairs of angels a track of their own when I start trying to raise the babies again, I'll have only 4 angels left in there.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    This part of the foreground really melted away.
    20181201_224254.jpg
    I lost a red ocelot, flame and oriental sword, so I decided to split the oriental sword I had left circled in yellow (it had spilt on it's own into a sister plant) which I planted to the left, circled in pink. There's a dish buried there with soil, they do not do well for me without soil. The cool thing is I think the main one split again, so hopefully I can get even more.
    December 1, 2018 105342 PM EST.jpg
    I'm still trying to grow the rosette swords more. I recently added root tabs to the glass dishes they are planted in and increased lighting a little bit, so we'll see if it makes a difference.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 12-02-2018 at 04:04 AM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    The oriental sword is a new plant. I thought it actually was a flame sword, but it turned out to be pink. I like it there. Behind that is a green struggling green ozelot sword.
    20181201_230743.jpg
    The bamboo looks stupid, but if it's lopping up nitrates and my fish don't eat it, I don't really mind. I might even get more if they do well. I'm concerned emersed plants won't have enough light since the fixture is right on the glass.

If I modify the 6500k fixture, I may raise it because it will be a lot brighter. Then I could grow a bunch of emersed plants.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 12-02-2018 at 04:22 AM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    You might as well just use dwarf leaf lettuce. If you have fluoride in your water, the bamboo won't do well, and will eventually die in the long run.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    @angelcraze2 do you keep any anubias in any of your tanks?
    "They had learned to speak, and so had won their first great victory over Time. Now the knowledge of one generation could be handed on to the next, so that each age could profit from those that had gone before." 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Arthur C. Clark

Page 168 of 185 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast